Failed connection with Gmail

Without having done any change from my side, I can’t connect properly to my Gmail account anymore. I have switched on Diagnostics under Accounts. Below is the journal regarding the Gmail connection, so you can inform me of the fix.
Thank you!

16:41:16 Gmail [IMAP] System.InvalidOperationException: Must add values for the following parameters:
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.GetStatements(Stopwatch timer)+MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataReader.NextResult()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteScalar()
at MailClient.Storage.Mail.Data.DbMailRepository.Store(IMailRepositoryItem mail)
at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.Add[ST](Object senderContext, IEnumerable1 items)
at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection2.AddRange(IEnumerable1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection2.AddRange(IEnumerable1 items)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext2.StoreItems[TUid,TVid](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable1 newItems, Dictionary2 uniqueIdToVersionId, Dictionary2 uniqueIdToOid)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.MailItemSynchronizeContext.StoreItems[TUid,TVid](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable1 newItems, Dictionary2 uniqueIdToVersionId, Dictionary2 uniqueIdToOid) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext2.<>c__DisplayClass18_03.<Synchronize>g__FlushItems|1(Int32 threshold) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext2.Synchronize[T,TUid,TVid](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable1 items, Func2 getUniqueId, Func2 getVersionId, Func3 hasChanged, Func2 isDeleted, Func2 convertItems, Action2 updateItem) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass103_1.<SynchronizeMessagesAsync>g__WriteSyncItemsToDb|10() at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass103_1.<SynchronizeMessagesAsync>g__ProcessFetchNotifications|9(Boolean fromInterruption) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass103_1.<SynchronizeMessagesAsync>g__ProcessPriorityUpdatesAsync|2() at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass103_1.<<SynchronizeMessagesAsync>g__FetchNewMessagesAsync|3>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesAsync(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, Boolean fast, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesAsync(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, Boolean fast, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass37_1.<EnqueueSynchronize>b__6(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<<SynchronizeAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() EnqueuedStackTrace = at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass37_1.g__RunSynchronize|2()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<EnqueueSynchronize>b__0() at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.EnqueueSynchronize(Folder folder, Boolean fast, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action1 completed) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.IItemSynchronizer.Synchronize(Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, Action1 completed) at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection2.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority, Action1 completed) at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection2.SynchronizeAsync(Boolean forced)
at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.SynchronizeAsync(Boolean forced)
at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.SynchronizeAsync(Boolean forced)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder1.AsyncStateMachineBox1.ExecutionContextCallback(Object s)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder1.AsyncStateMachineBox1.MoveNext(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder1.AsyncStateMachineBox1.MoveNext()
at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaitTaskContinuation.RunOrScheduleAction(IAsyncStateMachineBox box, Boolean allowInlining)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.RunContinuations(Object continuationObject)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.FinishContinuations()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.TrySetResult(TResult result) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder1.SetExistingTaskResult(Task1 task, TResult result) at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder1.AsyncStateMachineBox1.ExecutionContextCallback(Object s) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder1.AsyncStateMachineBox1.MoveNext(Thread threadPoolThread) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder1.AsyncStateMachineBox`1.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Hi Sam.

If you still haven’t managed to connect to Gmail using EMClient…then obviously check you can access Gmail via webmail first.
Also try rebooting your router/s and PC/device at the same time, and see if that renewed IP connection helps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks much Joe,

Webmail ? I guess you mean Gmail.
Yes, I have no problem to access this way, nor with Outlook.
It isn’t a question of IP connection, maybe incompatibility with Avast, but it used to work before my issue.
Did you look at the text file I’ve posted?

Regards.
N.B: I’ve reached the support (Gary Curtin), and boy how lousy it is! No solution has been given back to me following the log I’ve sent 10 days ago. This software is doomed with such poor support.

Apologies for the delay. Our developers are still looking into this. Should they require any further information from you, I will let you know through the Helpdesk. Otherwise, as soon as they have investigated this issue, I will respond to your ticket.

As we no longer maintain version 8, have you considered updating to version 9? It has many fixes and improvements.