extend to "reply to all" when editing a "reply"

When I reply to an E-Mail by “reply” and during editing I want to extend it to “reply to all”, how can I manage this? There is no button “reply to all” and the menue does not give that option.

The “reply all” button is right next to the “reply” button in the top menu bar. You can also click on “Actions” in the top menu, and then choose “reply all”.

Correct, the buttons are there, but that was not my question. The buttons are only there BEFORE a reply to a mail is made. Once  started to type the reply it is not possible to change to “reply to all” without quitting editing, discarding the changes and start all over again with “reply to all”… 

Hi Thomas,
once you click either Reply or Reply all, it is assumed that you know who you want to reply to. So there is no implemented function to do this.
However you can either copy your reply, delete the current Draft and then just paste it into a newly opened ‘Reply to all’ window or just add the remaining addresses manually.
If you feel this is an important function that you and other users might need though, I can change this to an Idea topic that others can vote on and when our developers look for new features to implement, they can consider adding this one.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

thank you for you reply - and yes, please change this one to an idea topic. I use this option on our company mail system (Lotus Notes) quite often and Thunderbird, which I was using before, has this feature, too. So I really miss this feature in the eM- client and the work-around is not very convenient…

Regards

Thomas

It’s been 7 yrs. since this feature (which is pretty standard in every e-mail app I’ve used so far) has been requested and it hasn’t been solved yet. It is pretty annoying if one makes a mistake and only clicks “Reply” when it intends to “Reply all”. Copy / Paste is not a good solution. All we ask is just a menu entry on “Message” in the main menu, for example.

The buttons are already there. When you want to reply to a message, or reply to all in a message, just choose one:

You can also do it by right-click in the message:

But once you have done that, and began composing your reply, you can’t change to Reply All. That is not possible. There is no function for this in email applications. Or can you give an example (with screenshots) of one that does? We could certainly investigate.

In the meantime, you can right-click on one of the recipients of the original email and choose Copy All Addresses, then just paste that into the To field of the message you are already composing.