Exporting Signatures...?

I just read that eM Mail doesn’t support the Export Signatures function, and I hope it will be implemented in the near future. But by now I will format my hard drive to reinstall a clean copy of my OS and I’d be pleased to know some way to get my signatures back when I finish the re-installation and reinstall eM as well.

Btw I have 18 signatures…, so the lost will be creepy! =(

So I am thinking that eM must store the SIGNATURES FILE somewhere. I could use that file to restore my signatures. And this is why I’m contacting you, to ask WHERE?

I checked at “C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\eM Client” and there are about 60 files over there. Which one of them stores my signatures? mail_data.dat, mail_fti.dat, etc…?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Juan

Hello,

this feature is supposed to be released in 6th version in next few weeks. It will be joined together with “file - export - export settings.”

now you can use backup, File - backup, but it will backup and then import all your files and settings not just Signatures.

regards
Jan

Well that works! That is precisely what I am interested in! Glad to hear that!

So I just did the procedure. It took some time but not as much as I thought since my data is almost 3.5 Gb (it should have taken about an hour but it took I think 20 min or so). Not sure if eM did it right…, must check.

Then it takes me to a new question: where is that Backup file stored at? Remember I will format my C: so it will delete that backup file. The idea would be to copy that file into another drive to keep it safe…

Thanks! Juan

you can see where your backup folder is located in Tools - Settings - General - Backup.

regards
Jan

Awesome! I found the Zip file and copied it into a safe drive.

Now I’ll pray for that to restore accurately after my re-installation.

Thanks for your super fast help!

Juan

you can restore your backup after reinstall is complete from File - Restore… it has to be done this way.

regards
Jan

Yup, I’ve got the idea.

Thanks Jan!

Juan