Export autocomplete list to Outlook

Aloha. I’m moving from eMClient to Outlook 2016. I have the emails moved, there’s nothing in the address book / contacts list, but I do have a lot of names in the autocomplete list. How can I export / migrate these to Outlook?

Mahalo,

Harry Z

Go to Menu > Settings > Mail > Compose > Recipients History > Show recipients, then select them all and use right-click > Save as contacts.

Aloha @Gary. Mahalo (thank you) for the info. I was able to export the autocomplete list to a contacts file.

In case anyone else stumbles across this topic, there are a couple more steps to get these autocomplete entries into Outlook

• When exporting the autocomplete entries to contacts, put them in a new contacts folder

• Then open the new contacts folder, select all the entries, right click and export as .csv

• I had to clean up the csv file (using Excel), some emails were in the incorrect column

• To import the csv file data into Outlook, you can use the nk2edit utility located here. Look at the help file for this utility in the section on importing using a simple csv file. You will have to do some additional editing of the csv file to put it in the format needed by this utility.

Harry Z