Expanding / Collapsing groups of older messages

I’m a new user to emClient; I’m evaluating it after spending 20 years using Outlook. The inability to have sticky group collapsing for yesterday, etc. is about the only negative I’ve found so far.

As people say, sometimes you just want to hide yesterday’s emails. The rule of least surprise suggests that if I do collapse a group, then I expect my choice to be honored when I switch to another folder and come back again.

Not all features are used by all people but, the fact that people are discussing it here means there is a desire for this feature (debating its usefulness isn’t productive). Please consider adding it.

2 Likes

I see this is a very old thread and it was supposedly added to emClient’s ToDo list in 2012 but it is a feature i wish was in place. Having folders remember their collapsed/uncollapsed state.

As for why I would want this, well I just like to have that quick view of how many items I have that are in each category. In essence. I like a neat , one page look at what I have for email backlog.

For now I have to Collapse All Groups every time I come back into the main view (Mail) and then open up the groups I want. It would just save lots of time.

I did look around for this but I do not see it implemented. Would LOVE to have eggs in my face if it is actually been implemented. Just tell me how.

1 Like

I am trying emclient again.
What a shame that this basic feature still isn’t available.