Exchange - user account does not have the right to send mail

When setting up my work Exchange account, I get the following message. The same account works in Outlook so I’m not sure what the problem is!?

Sending email failed with an error: The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.

This is eM Client 6.0.19714.0

Hi, can I ask you if you are using Aliases?

Jan

no, im not.

Just updated and still happening. Not sure where to see the Diagnostic Logs either…

I will need your Exchange logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check Exchange Web Services under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

I’m busy testing eM Client as an alternative to Outlook for our office. But one of our users needs access to some Exchange accounts, hosted and managed by another company, is having this exact same problem.
When I contact the Exchange host’s support team, they tell me that the client needs to be set up to connect via RPC over HTTP proxy, with some instructions for setting this up in Outlook.

Is there any way to do this in eM Client though?

Hi Matt, this is unfortunately not possible in eM Client.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem, and I really want to use eM Client… ¿any ideas? I’m not using alias, but my account have them.

It looks like the only option right now is to move your mail to another host, like office365 or Google Apps

Hi, can I send you my log as well?

Hi, can you please make a screenshot of the issue and post it here on the forum?
What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, this is the error I get after installing an Exchange account (all mail is retrieved correctly). 

The version is 6.0.20648.0

Thanks!

Hi again, so this occurs when you try to send out an email or immediately after setting up the account?
When the error occurs, can you switch to the “Historial” tab in this window and copy the log content from that tab and post it here?

Are you completely sure your Exchange account has all needed permissions for sending out email etc.?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, the error appears when I try to send e-mail.

Thanks!

Hi Loana as I mentioned in my previous post this issue seems to be connected to your account setup.
Can you possibly contact your network administrator, it seems that your account does not have the permission to send email using this protocol/send email completely.

Thank you,
Paul.