Exchange addressbook sync problem

I successfully added my Exchange account with working email and calendar support, but the contacts still fails. The reason seem to the misused server addresses for accessing the contacts. The protocol log tells me that an address is used like ‘***.local’ but the account settings are using the official web address ‘https://***/EWS/Exchange.asmx’. Thus em Client announces that it cannot resolve the host address. How can I fix this issue manually? Are the some settings I can manipulate?
I’m using the latest em-Client version 6.0.21034.0.

Hi Ralf, can you please make a screenshot of the error you’re seeing?
While using Microsoft Exchange account, all your items including calendars/emails/contacts should be using the automatically setup server address (that you’ve mentioned).

Please create the screenshot of the error and go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account.

  1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to my email, mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

I just sent you your requested information via email. I hope it helps. Thank you for your quick help in advance.

Hi again Ralf, can you please download and update to this version of eM Client http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21042/setup.msi , after you do so, please go to your local folder > App Data > Roaming > eM Client, and delete all the *.oab files located in this folder.
Reopen eM Client and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
 
thank you for your quick response. Said to say that it seems that your patch does not help. But I also did not find any *.oab files in your mentioned folder. I just found *.dat / *.dat-shm / *.dat-wal files in addition to check_db.txt and settings.xml.
 
I sent you again via email all my log files created after deleting the log folder contents and restarting the eM-Client after downloading and installing your latest linked version.
 
Might this be a problem by the web server (service) that it references a wrong link for the addressbook which in this case could of course not be resolved by the eM-Client?
 
Kind regards,
Ralf

Hi again Ralf, can you please make a screenshot of the issue you’re seeing, or any errors you might be seeing?
Are you still seeing an error regarding the Exchange Offline Address Book?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

still the same issue. The used address is the first proposal done by eM-Client after setting up the Éxchange account with all required data (name, email,…). This had to be changed after the account was automatically created by the eM-Client which succeeds for email and calendar but not for the oab (offline addressbook).

You received additional data also from your proposed debugger yesterday by email. I hope it helps to locate the problem.

Kind regards,
Ralf

Hi Ralf, I have just sent you an email, unfortunately I’ve discussed the issue with the developers and based on the logs you’ve sent us it seems like the issue is held within an incorrect autodiscover setup on your server.
The server returns an incorrect server address for use with local network, but out of that local network you are not able to retrieve the correct EWS server address for use with eM Client.

Thank you,
Paul.