Exchange 2007 refuses connection.

I’m having a really hard to trying to connect to our 2007 Exchange server. It is on a local network. I can’t get much detail as to why it won’t connect either.
Does the server need to be updated to work with eMclient?

Speaking from (painful) experience, an Exchange 2007 server needs to be at a certain “service pack” level, I think SP1 and above, such that “autodiscover” is available. Plain 2007 without service packs, which is what my company runs, is not accessible by eM Client. The eM Client developers now have it on their list to implement a more extensive manual account set-up process that may mitigate or eliminate this issue.

[This is my admittedly limited understanding of the situation, I trust Jan or other staff member will correct any errors in what I have said.]

Ah, we thought it may be something like that.
I will get our techie to upgrade the server to the latest service pack available and see how that goes.
Thanks.

Hi, could you copy/paste here your error message?

Jan

I don’t really get an error message besides “Could not determine server settings”
I can set it up manually, except our server doesn’t have IMAP or POP3 enabled.

What steps can i take to gain a more meaningful error message for you?
Is there an error log somewhere that records the setup errors?

yes, there is.

go to tools - settings - advanced, check Exchange Web Services under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

Jan