Excel tables not sending with correct format

Whenever i send an email with an excel table in it, i can copy the table fine with correct formatting but when i send it, it does not keep any of the correct formatting.

I am pasting the tables with the special paste option of ‘paste formatted’.

Here is an example. This is an unsent mail with the table correctly copied and pasted:

Now when i send the mail, it automatically removes the formatting. In my outbox the formatting looks like this (cant seem to embed two images in this thread, otherwise i would have used screenshot from my mail client:

|C_A|NOM|EXPIRY|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|
|ABC|ABC|ABC|

Not sure what is happening here.

Hi William123
I can’t replicate your problem, even if I change settings > Mail > Compose > New mail format to Plain text, it still sends a “paste formattted” Excel table correctly.

What version of eMClient are you using? I am using 9.0.1142 (latest beta).

Yes, this issue was fixed in version 9.

1 Like

If I paste excel table into email I loose formatting but not drastically as topic starter. In other clients (outlook, apple mail) I have no issues with that.

Is there any plans to fix it for Mac version?

I use emClient for Mac 9.2.1222

Can you paste “an example screenshot” of “what you loose” in eM Client V9.2.1222 for Mac from Excel when pasted into an email. Blank out any personal details.

Table in Excel

Paste in Apple Mail

Paste in emClient

Ah Interesting. No “Red or Grey colored html banner backgrounds” on the headings.

Hopefully eM Client can update that to accommodate those in future PC / Mac versions.