Events created in eM C do not sync correctly with Google

I created three separate (different) events each in eM C (v5), Google Calendar and on my Android phone calendar. None of the events had a reminder set.

All the syncs were fine except for the event created in eM C. In this case, the event acquired a reminder in both Google Calendar and on my phone calendar.

Any ideas why this happens and how to prevent it (other than correcting every event on my phone)? I keep getting event alarms going off on my phone when I don’t want them.

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “GData” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you

I had a helpful reply from eM Client Support. Because this was via email and not this forum, I reproduce it here in case it is of wider interest.

“Hello,
actually this is a Gmail standard behaviour - you can change it in Gmail calendar properties. Simply login to your calendar in a browser, open Properties of the concrete calendar folder, tab Reminders and customize it as you want.”