Error: The attachment cannot be downloaded

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application. We’ll be happy to help.

I too am having an issue with the same version using exchange. I did a repair and still have the issue. Please advise.

Hello, if you’re experiencing this issue, can you please update your eM Client to this release, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.22465/setup.msi and perform repair on the mail folder that you seem to be having issues with while downloading attachments.

Repair should allow you to download attachment that you had previously issues with and the update should resolve the problem for all future incoming email. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused, hopefully the issue has been resolved permanently.

If you continue to experience the problem, please make sure to let us know.

Thank you.

this issue still occurs

Hello Steven, does the problem persists with newly received email? Are you using any rules with your account? Have you installed the latest update, I’ve submitted above?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the applications ability to download the attachments from the server?

Hello, yes I am using AVG. How would I correct this in AVG?
 And yes the issue is on new emails since the update.

First of all, can you try to disable the software temporarily in order to check if this may be causing the issue, if the issue persists, we might need some additional logging data, so if you still experience this problem after turning off the security, send me an email with a reference link to this forum topic to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Otherwise let me know here, you should be able to workaround the issue by settings up an exception in AVG for eM Client or the necessary ports/addresses used by the client to connect to your server.

I am having this issue with rules enabled. So does this mean we cannot use rules for exchange mail? Or is there a solution for this issue? 

Hello Shady, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the release number in Help > About?
We’ve recently fixed two issues with the attachment, one with rules not downloading attachments correctly and a second that for unknown reason (to me) was unable to download attachments after the message state has changed, e.g. unread to read. We believe both of these issues should be resolved in the latest release as the official reply suggests.

Please update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22465.0 and perform folder repair on affected Exchange folders - the update unfortunately can’t resolve the issue automatically so if you already had an issue with this, please perform a folder repair by right clicking your mail folder, e.g. Inbox or the folder your rule has moved the items into, and select Properties > Repair.

Repair will resynchronize all the available data from the server hopefully allowing you to download the attachments again.

Paul,

you mentioned version .22465 here. Mine is currently .22344 and any check for updates does not reveal this this higher version.

What’s wrong with this?

Michael

It’s not a public release, you can download the update above by clicking the link.

I am already using version 6.0.22465.0. I downloaded it from the earlier post in this thread. After running the repairs, the issue persisted as of yesterday.

Today, I have not had this issue, but I am continually being prompted for my password. 

Not completely sure what you’re referring to, the repair has to be performed after the update. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please create additional logging data from the issue by enabling Exchange Web Services logging in Tools > Setttings > Advanced and submit them to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

If you’re having issues with authentication, please make sure to disable any security software and if the issue persists, make a screenshot of the problem and submit it to us here on the forum for more information.

Thank you,

Yes, still having the same issues after running the repairs. It had not given me problems today as of the time of my previous post, but now the issue is back again. 

Hello Shady, this however seems to be referring to a completely different issue, are you having issues while downloading attachment or the body content of your message, what you’re referring to in the screenshot might more likely be a problem with downloading your email in general.

Are you using any security software on your computer? Can you please create additional logging data to this issue and submit the logging data to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,

upgrading and repairing fixed my attachment problem.   Thanks

Hi, glad it works, thank you for following up with us, let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,

I am a new user of eM (installed a few days ago, very good programme).  I have the same problem as above – some attachments cannot be saved or opened.  It seems random.  My two problem attachments are a pptx file and an xlsx file.  PDFs are not a problem.  Word docx not a problem.  And some pptx files open and save properly.  I have installed the private version  6.0.22465.0 (confirmed by looking at Help > About).  I have done a Repair on the folder (which is an Exchange folder).  Still, those files won’t save or open.

I also opened the same Exchange email account in a web browser and the attached files that wouldn’t open in eM opened and saved properly in OWA. 

Is there any error shown when you try to open the attachment? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit the screenshot to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

The error message is not very helpful: “The attachment cannot be downloaded”