Error restore backup

I get the next error when I try to restore my backup:

System.IO.IOException: Access to the path ‘C:\Users\josea\AppData\Roaming\eM Client’ is denied.
at System.IO.FileSystem.MoveDirectory(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.Move(String sourceDirName, String destDirName)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(String backupFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<MainForm_Load>b__0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Please. What can I do
Thanks in advance.

First thing you can try is to restart Windows, making sure any pending updates are applied.

Thanks Gary, I just have update Windows and the error is the same.

Can you check in Explorer that you actually have full permissions on this folder? You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there.

Gary, I have cheked permissions on this folder and it has total acces.

Where is the backup zip file you are trying to restore from?

It is in …\Documents\eM Client

OK. Close eM Client then rename C:\Users\josea\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ to something else.
Restart eM Client and try the restore again.

I have renamed C:\Users\josea\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ to C:\Users\josea\AppData\Roaming\eM Client new. When I restart eM Client the program is like the first time I opened it. But the error after trying restore is the same.

Can you restart Windows and try again.

I have restarted windows and the error is the same. I have restarted after renaming the path.

I am not sure why the permissions change on the folder, but you can try extract the backup manually.

To do that, eM Client needs to be closed.

Extract the contents of the zip file, and place them in the C:\Users\josea\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder, replacing what is already there.

Then start eM Client.

Gary, I did what you say and it works.
Thank you very much.

1 Like