Error regarding DTD parsing keep showing up. Is this a client issue or email server issue?

After I upgraded to new version i keep encountering the following issue:
5:52:25 PM   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’ failed due to the following error: DTD is prohibited in this XML document. —> System.Xml.XmlException: DTD is prohibited in this XML document.

And on a separate account:
5:52:25 PM [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Couldn’t get server version.

Please let me know if it is an EM client issue or is it the email server is sending the client gibberish.

Let me know if any further details needed. I can post screenshots too :slight_smile: Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Generally, when there is an issue connecting to a folder on the server, and you are using IMAP or Exchange, it is easier to just remove the mail account from eM Client then add it again. See if that helps.

I saw something like this DTD before with a DNS issue. I changed my DNS server from my Internet provider to OpenDNS and that solved the issue. I since moved back to the provider’s DNS server, but have not seen the error again.

Thank you. I will try that.