Error: Parameter validation failed for "resourceName"

Hello.

Does anyone know how to hunt the culprit?

Thanks.

[Google Contacts]Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts’ failed due to the following error: Parameter validation failed for “resourceName” : The value did not match the regular expression ^people/[^/]+$

Maybe the culprit is Google. Good hunting. :smile:

To resolve the issue, go to the Contacts section in eM Client, then by right-click on the Gmail Contacts folder, choose Properties > Repair.

Hello.

I don’t see any repair button.
I should right-click on a contacts folder? Nothing there.

Right-click on this folder:

Time to drink a biiiig coffee.

Thanks.

1 Like

I have had exactly the same problem. Drives you mad keep flashing up. Went to My Contacts as suggested and right clicked but no Repair function. Went to Contacts under ‘Local’ and right clicked and this time went to Properties Folder and there was a section header “Repair”. Not that that did much good as there are only two address under local. However as it appears to be removing and syncing cache I presume next time I open EmClient I will be message free

You need to right-click on the Gmail Contacts folder. Please see my screen-shot above. Not My Contacts.

I upgraded from version 7 Pro to version 8 Pro today, and I continue to get the same error message:
"[Google Contacts]Deleting items in folder ‘******* email/Contacts’ failed due to the following error: Parameter validation failed for “resourceName” : The value did not match the regular expression ^people/[^/]+$![2021 05 07 eMClient error cannot reset contacts|582x499]

As you can see from the JPG attached, going from SETTINGS to CONTACTS brings up a screen but there is NO 'RESET / CORRECT / FIX" BUTTON of any type. Please be VERY specific on how to get to the correct screen to fix this problem.

(upload://cw9xG2fet0huiTE8DZevRUzj196.jpeg) "

In eM Client go the Contacts section, and by right-click on the Gmail Contacts folder, choose Properties > Repair.

As I mentioned yesterday (With Screenprint) when I went from SETTINGS to CONTACTS and PROPERTIES there was NO “REPAIR” Option anywhere. Groping all around eM Client didn’t find any REPAIR. SO I both uninstalled the product AND I renamed the C:\Users\frnkc\AppData\Roaming\eM Client directory, rebooted, CCleaned the PC, and REINSTALLED new version 8 of eMClient. Now I cannot even REGISTER MY PRIMARY EMAIL without the product crashing every time. I have whitelisted eM Client with Malwarebytes (which blocks eM Client every time) and also BitDefender / firewall. I am totally unable to use eM Client in any way. Can you help?

Not settings!

In eM Client go the Contacts section. eM Client has different sections, one for emails, one for calendars, one for tasks etc. So, go the Contacts section of eM Client. You do that by clicking on this icon in the bottom left of the application:

Once in the Contacts section of eM Client, right-click on the Gmail Contacts folder. So this folder:

Then choose Properties > Repair.

So this tab:

This will allow you to repair the folder and fix the error.

1 Like

THANK YOU!
This has been bugging me since I upgraded.

Many thanks indeed Gary. You’ve solved this issue that’s been bugging me for ages.