Error on Start up of eM Client in Windows 10

I get this error when starting up eM Client in Windows 10.

Clicking Continue begins a loop with same error window popping up…

eM Client (6.0.23181.0)
Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0, Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
The following error has occurred:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘Global\eM_Client_C__Users_Daniel_AppData_Roaming_eM_Client_’ is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.Threading.Mutex.MutexTryCodeHelper.MutexTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.Mutex.CreateMutexWithGuaranteedCleanup(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs)
   at System.Threading.Mutex…ctor(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew, MutexSecurity mutexSecurity)
   at System.Threading.Mutex…ctor(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew)
   at MailClient.Utils.Utils.IsOtherInstanceRunning(Boolean localMutex, Int32 timeout)
   at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)

I have to repair the installation in order for the application to start up without the error.
The error window that shows goes into a loop and I have to end the task for the application to stop the loop.
Then I am able to start the repair process.

Once PC has rebooted and you start up the repaired eM Client app… it goes straight into the database repair app before you can use eMail Client.
This takes time and the whole process can take upwards of 15 minutes.

Hello,
the error says that you do not have access to the folder in which eM Client is installed, so the problem isn’t with the installation, but with the permissions you have set in your device.
Try changing the permissions of eM Client folders.

Best regards,
Olivia

Olivia,
I read the error message and checked the folder when I first saw the error and it has all permissions available…don’t think that is the case… It works after repairing without changing permissions.  This began to occurred after updating eM Client and WIndows 10… so although your messages says " System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘Global\eM_Client_C__Users_Daniel_AppData_Roaming_eM_Client_’ is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)… this seems to be an internal error to your program.  The program runs okay for a while but when I reboot the PC I will get the error when I access the program for startup…

Hi,
have you checked both the installation and database folder? I think the error might actually be in the database folder [route to which should be along the lines of C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client]. Please try making a folder or something in it to test if you can really access and make changes to it. The error might only appear when you make changes to the database.

Best regards,
Olivia

I have complete access to all folders creating and deleting… I am logged into Win 10 as the administrator… made folders within the EM Client folder under roaming…

So when I repair and reboot the computer it works… if the PC is shut down without closing the EM Client application or if the laptop goes to sleep mode… the error occurs and when I do the repair each time the database repair box pops up before EM Client finally loads…

Hi,
I see the error happened in the older release, can I just ask if you are running the latest release now? If not please try it and see if the same issue persists.