Error message for sending emails

I am getting a message that says “An error occurred” every time I send an email. It was working fine until about a week ago. I have emclient 6 and already downloaded again to repair the errors, and it is still showing this message. Also want to add that even though I get the error message, the messages still appear to be sending successfully since they show up in my sent mail and I get replies from the recipients.

Version 6 was discontinued years ago. Unless you have a valid reason to continue using it, it would be better for you to upgrade to version 7 now, or wait a while and upgrade to version 8 when it is released.

But if you choose to continue with version 6, there are some things you can try.

As a test, completely disable your anti-virus/firewall application and then try send a message. If that works then you will need to change the settings in that application to enable eM Client to send messages.

Restart your router.

You can also check your account settings. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the SMTP tab for your problem account. Make sure that the port and security policy are set to one of the following combinations:

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Finally, post the error message here. Been a few years since I looked at version 6, but in version 7 you would go to Menu > Tools > Operations and look in the Log tab for the SMTP error. That will give more details about why it could not send.

Oops! Was typing away and forgot that you said the messages were sending anyway.

Just look in the Log tab for any SMTP errors. There may be something you can change that will prevent them from re-appearing.