Error message "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

A recent batch of Windows 8 updates (installed 5/15/15) seems to have caused a change in behavior to eM Client (v 6.0.22344.0) when I cut and paste text from a Wordpad .rtf document.  When I select the text in Wordpad and attempt to put it in an email by right clicking and selecting “Paste” I get the above error message, but if I select “Paste as text” I get no error message.  Before I installed the Windows updates I never had this problem.

Hello William, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

Hello William, unfortunately I’m not quite sure how to replicate this error as I’m not having any issues while pasting information from WordPad into eM Client. Is this a document you’ve received that may contain some formatted objects except the text you’re able to paste (e.g. images)?

What operating system are you using on your computer?

Thank you,

Windows 8 (64 bit).  I don’t get the error message when I try and paste the text from a Microsoft Office Word document (.doc), only Wordpad (.rtf)  Again, I never saw this error message before I installed the Windows updates back on 5/15 (I believe there were 15 updates installed).  There was a lengthy error report generated if that would help.

What kind of an error, can you please submit it here? Does the document include any images or other objects? Can you please submit the problematic file, or a testing file to my work email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic and the error you’ve referred to?

Thank you,