Error in communication with Kerio Connect with EWS

Hi! I use eM Client 9.1.2109 (9967b93) with my corporate Kerio Connect 9.4.2 (6498). EWS connection works good, but each communication session causes the message in Kerio Error Log:
EWS request GetUserConfiguration: error occurred; code 108, description: Not implemented - only CategoryList configuration is supported., auth user: [email protected]

Same issue here. Also using latest eM-Client (Windows) and Kerio Connect 9.4.2. (Windows Server 2022).
Is there a fix nearby?

Regards Wilco

If you are gettings errors on the Kerio server, this is something you will need to discuss with Kerio.

The logs you sent don’t show any issues in eM Client.

No, for sure not.
iPhone, iPad, macos works fine as a Exchange Client for Kerio.
Thunderbird works fine as an IMAP Client (including public Email Folders)

but emclient create errors ?
Why not create a configuration to switch off this request if there is no CategoryList on Kerio ?

1 Like

We have many fixes and workarounds for Kerio server errors and issues which will be in the next release.

There is no ETA as yet, but you can keep an eye on the Release History to see when it is available.

Hi

@Gary do you know if this problem is fixed?
We are using the latest Kerio connect server versions and the latest EM clients but all users create these errors in the server logs and in the EM client.

[18/Feb/2023 06:42:07] EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request GetUserConfiguration: error occurred; code 108, description: Not implemented - only CategoryList configuration is supported., auth user: [email protected]
[18/Feb/2023 06:42:07] EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request FindItem: error occurred; code 339, description: Unsupported restriction type., auth user: [email protected]

Comment from GFI:
It appears that there are EWS properties/Methods used by EMclient which are not supported by KConnect, which causes it to generate an incomplete response which in turn makes the email client act unexpectedly.

The behaviour I noticed at EM Client is that the emails sent correctly and also end up in the sent items but a copy of the email remains in the outbox. I cant confirm 100% certain that this error is related to that behaviour but they do appear at the same time.
The account also seems to syncs really slow to EM client, it takes almost a day to download an account.

Kind regards