error in client/server conversion on startup

Each time I start EM Client, I get the following popup, but the program seems to work fine.  It seems to be related to syncing hotmail, but I am not sure.

Hi, can you please right click your hotmail account in the left sidebar and select Properties > Repair, and click on the Repair button?

Thank you,
Paul.

OK, I did that, it generated another ‘error in client/server conversion’ message.

Hi again Steven, you mentioned that other than this error message all services are working properly? You could hide these errors from showing in Tools > Settings, we’ll do more testing on this and hopefully we’ll be able to prevent this from happening in future releases.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, things seem to be working well.  However I will have more confidence to completely switch to EM Client and purchase if I don’t have to hide error messages.  I understand that Hotmail uses some kind of weird system and not IMAP, and I am considering switching to a different free provider.  I like to be able to create folders in my desktop program and have that replicated on all my devices. Do you have a suggestion?

Hi Steven, if you use an IMAP account on all your devices this should be done automatically. But the folders will be stored on the server not locally…

Anyways to the original issue, it also might be caused by some change in your Calendar, can you try to do the Repair on your hotmail calendar folder?

And if the issue comes up again, can you switch to the Log tab in the operations window and copy the content here?

Thank you,
Paul.