Error: Google API limit exceeded

Read my reply above, there is no point talking to Google as an end user, whomever owns that project needs to contact Google nad work out the API call limits. I am going to assume that the project owner is the emClient team themselves since it’s their client making the requests. They are making the requests via OATH which DOES include you as the user in that you grant them permission to go grab  your calendar and contact data from Google on your behalf… but it’s just that, on your behalf, using the mechanism of their project API integration with the Google calendar service etc.

Yes the developer google says must be em client developers. They just need to fix this.

Hello all,

thank you for reporting this error.
We’re aware of this API limit issue and we’re currently working on a solution.

Russel

If you have a Pro License, please open a support ticket with eM Client.

Since this issue came up on the forum, I added both a Google Calendar and Contacts account to eM Client. It is dual purpose because a few years back I had issues with Google Calendars and wanted to see how that has progressed. Anyway, I set the sync interval to 1 minute and every hour or so when I went for a coffee I imported a new sub-folder to the Google Calendar containing 1,500 events, and a new contacts folder to Google containing 4,000 contacts. That is a lot of syncing - way more than a normal person would do in a month. Actually the sync interval does not really affect this test as when there is no changes, after a short query, there is no sync. But the massive upload of new data happens every hour.

That has been running for 2 days and I now have 15 folders in each of Contacts and Calendar. I have yet to receive an error.

Maybe the many coffees is why I am not part of the exhausted club, PublicBenemy. :wink:

When will eM Client have a fix for this problem?  I have also now encountered “Quota exceeded for quota metric ‘contacts.googleapis.com/default’ and limit…”  

Is there an understandable explanation and a temporary fix that can be applied without doing programming??

Thanks, Lincoln

As of today I am getting this error. I have an EM Client license.

Same problem here.

Same problem here