Error backing up email

I am unable to back up my email. I get an object reference not set to an instance of an object when I try. There is no other message and no updates available. Help!

Hi,
can you please post a screenshot of the error here on the forum?
If you really need to backup right now, you can go to your local folder, show hidden folder (View > Show hidden folders),
and go to App Data > Roaming and manually backup the whole folder “eM Client” that will preserve all your data.

However if you’re using automatic backup and it’s not working properly, please post the screenshot of the error so we can resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,
can you please post a screenshot of the error here on the forum?
If you really need to backup right now, you can go to your local folder, show hidden folder (View > Show hidden folders),
and go to App Data > Roaming and manually backup the whole folder “eM Client” that will preserve all your data.

However if you’re using automatic backup and it’s not working properly, please post the screenshot of the error so we can resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the workaround. I can do that in the meantime. Here’s the error:

Hi,
can you please turn the backup tool on again and when it happens go to Task Manager by pushing Ctrl + Shift + Esc, go to Processes and find “DbBackup”, right click that item in Task Manager and “Create a dump file”?

Find the file it created (the location will be shown once it’s created) and send that file to [email protected]

Thank you,
Paul.

Is there any resolution to this?? I sent the dump file to you via email and didn’t get  reply. I also emailed you again in March with no reply. 

Hi Amber, I’m really sorry for the late reply to your issue, is this still occurring with your client, I’ve forwarded the received dump file to the developers when I’ve received it, but unfortunately have not received an answer yet, I’m gonna urge this issue again, so we can resolve this as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience,

Paul.