ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

I continue to receive this error: “ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password”. Info is correct & works with other email programs

Where are you getting this error?

What type of account is this, IMAP/Exchange/POP3, Calendar, Contacts, what?

Who is the provider?

What version of eM Client are you using?

Thank you for your reply.

I receive the error when attempting to send or receive mail.

I can get through the set up with the diagnostics confirming both the POP and SMTP are OK.

It is a POP account.

It is version 7.2.36908.0

Before downloading em Client I downloaded Thunderbird and the settings work. Ditto for when importing to Gmail, iPhone mail, Samsung, and Explorer.

Thanks again.

If you go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the POP3 tab, make sure that the port is set to 995 and the security policy is set to Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

See if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

It appears the error is with the SMTP.

After adjusting the POP and SMTP settings, the diagnostics tab shows OK for the POP, but Failed for the SMTP.  After clicking the diagnose button, it shows “settings have been fixed” for SMTP.

But as soon as I try to send or receive, I receive the error.

Also, I can see the test messages being delivered on the server, but not in em Client.

Change the SMTP settings to port 587 and Force usage of SSL/TLS

But the error is with POP3 otherwise the outgoing messages would not be delivered to the server.

Who is your provider?

Thanks.

But still receive the same error.

What do you mean by provider? It’s for a domain I own and have hosted with a local vendor.

Yeah, the provider is who’s server you are connecting to. 

You could also try another setting changing the POP3 port to 110 and Use SSL/TLS if available.

Thanks. I have. And the diagnostics tab always says OK.

The settings are the same that work on the other e-mail programs.

Must be a bug somewhere. I think I’ll just move on to another program.

Thanks for all your help.