Entering Password Failure

Attempting to reactivate after trial password failed (Windows reinstall after upgrading hardware). I have paid software so went to support and entered my info to retrieve my password. The password is sent to the one and only email address that I have but what good is that if the software won’t receive any incoming email because of the software is in expired mode. There must be a way to receive emails from eM Client regardless whether or not the eM Client software is expired. At least I should be able to receive emails from eM Client as a bare minimum in order to receive the email that has the password. If password is expired, I should at least be able to receive eM Client emails so that I can get the password from the password manager.

If I understood the issue correctly, have you given thought to retrieving the email via your host’s WEBMAIL app via your browser?

I sync’d my email with gmail (google mail) but that didn’t show anything as if the email inbox is completely empty.

I have a gmail account and it is sync’d with my icloud account but nothing has shown their either. If possible, can’t eM Client send my password to my gmail account instead of confusing things with the sync? Or they could try sending it to both my icloud AND gmail at the same time. That also would work wouldn’t it?

They send it to the email address you used when you requested it. Have you looked for the email they sent in your host’s webmail app?

Like I said above, the gmail account has ZERO email in it.

I just created an email account at mail.com. they could try sending it there if possible.

There must be a way to receive emails from eM Client regardless whether or not the eM Client software is expired.

If your eM Client is not activated and expired it won’t receive or send using any account.

You have to get a license either free or paid pro version depending on if you are using it for business use or just for personal use. See eM Client “Choose your license page”.

https://www.emclient.com/pricing

Once you have your license, then go to “Menu / help / license” and Activate it with your license key you receive. You will need to get the key initially via webmail as @sunriseal says due to eM Client is not currently active & expired.

Then you will be able to send and receive emails.

If password is expired, I should at least be able to receive eM Client emails so that I can get the password from the password manager.

The eM Client should at least be able to receive email from eM Client, right?

That’s sort of like saying that Windows should be able to receive email or whatever from Microsoft.

Try sending an email to [email protected]. Perhaps they will be able to explain the process better!!

1 Like

I would rather they just give me the activation key instead.

Good luck. I’ll back out of this conversation!!

1 Like

@kb5zue

I would rather they just give me the activation key instead

eM Client does give / send you the key via your email address (as I mentioned in my previous post above) when you register for either a free or paid pro license. You access that initially via your webmail & then paste that in eM Client.

Now if you have already previously activated eM Client with a Free or Pro license key and lost it, then you can go to the following eM Client web page and get the license key resent to your email address.

https://www.emclient.com/lost-activation-key