Empty trash of all accounts on exiting

Hi,

I’ve set the global option to empty a trash when existing emClient. FWIW, I really mean exiting emClient and not just minimizing it.

I’ve got about six accounts (IMAP), each one has got its own trash folder. I’ve noticed that in case there is any content inside those folders and I’m leaving emClient, not all folders got cleared.

Maybe I need some more explanation on how this option works. Maybe it does not do what it I expecting it to do.

I’m running the latest available version of emClient.

Michael

Hello Mike, I’m not completely sure what you’re suggesting, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

What mail service are you using with eM client, or which account are you having issues with. By using the “Empty Trash on Exit” feature, you should be able to empty trash on all your accounts including local and IMAP trash folders. If some of your folders is not getting emptied, make sure this folder is setup as the default “Trash” folder for this account in your account settings.

Hope this helps.

Paul,

my version currently is 6.0.22344.0. But I guess this does not matter in this case, since I’ve noticed this behaviour for a long time now, using different versions so far.

I’m using the german e-mail providers gmx.net, yahoo.de and goneo.de. As already mentioned in my initial posting, I’m using IMAP solely.

The gmx account is configured to automatically detect all the appropriate special folders for itself.
This also applies for the other accounts.

When deleting any message from any of these accounts fom within emClient, the message gets moved into the appropriate trash folder.

I’ve just done a second test and deleted a single message within each account and exited emClient. Afterwards I’ve checked each trash folder and to my surprise everything inside the folders disappeared now! Don’t know how this happened out of a sudden.

Anyway, case solved and close :wink:
Thanks for reading!

Btw, how can I mark a thread as solved as seen on the main page?

Hello Mike, glad it works, make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

I’m afraid I’m the only one (along with other administrators of the forum) that can mark threads as solved. I did so, since there’s no other issue unresolved below this topic.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.