empty emails

Hello.
Sometimes my correspondents (in the lan) showed me that immediately after I send a mail to them, they received a new email from me totally empty (after the first one).

It happens from time to time, not all the time, but at least 4/5 times a day. If I don’t use emclient but thunderbird or webmail, this problem does not occure.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you

Hi Marco,
what account does this happen on, how is it set up? Is it an IMAP/Exchange/POP account?

Regards,
Olivia

IMAP

Regards,
Marco

Hi Marco,
could you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on SMTP logging for your account?
Restart eM Client and then try sending the emails then and when the issue happens 2 or 3 times again, go back to the Advanced settings and click ‘Send logs’.
Change the recipient of the message with logs to me ([email protected]) and add a link to this forum topic in the body of the message so I can get back to you about the issue asap.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia Thank you and sorry for the late reply, I had urgent matters. I activated the SMTP loggin and I will provide a log as soon as possible. The only problem we have is that the recipient has to notify me the problem, there is no way to see it otherwise.

Thank you and regards.

Hi Marco,
unfortunately there was nothing in the logs from eM Client indicating any extra messages.
The extra message must be generated on the server then, but we cannot find out from our side if that is the case.
Please consult your server provider or someone overlooking your LAN to see why your messages prompt this dummy email.
We could try to find something if you obtain the server logs, but it is indeed a very curious issue and our developers can’t find a reason for this behaviour at the moment.

Regards,
Olivia

Not sure if it will help, but I may have seen this problem as well… I think it was related to me manually syncing the account to force an email to send. It may have interrupted an already started sync process.

Hello, I am the mail server manager, I can provide all logs, but I can assure you that this problem happens only when the mail client is em client. With Outlook or thunderbird no double messages are sent.

I already examined, as first thing,  the mail server log, I can only see two email generated from the client, but no cause is evident. If you want to take a look to the server’s log, I can send those logs to you. Please let me know

Thank you Dave. In our cases there was no manual intervention, as far as I know…

This same thing is also happening to me with the emClient 7 beta version, although it never happened previously with emClient 6.  No idea on when/why the blank emails get sent, but happens with two separate gmail accounts, and only with emClient, not with web client or other email programs.  

Glad to here I am not the only one…

Unfotunately, this problem led us to leave emclient. Back to thunderbird, problem gone. Sorry to write this.