Emojis and Emoticons - Windows 10

Hold down the Windows logo Key, then press the period key. A chart will appear with all the emoticons and emojis we could ever ask for; it’s part of Windows 10 for email and modern Office programs.

This is most likely why eM Client will not update their set of emoticons.  This makes perfect sense to me.

1 Like

Ah cool :slight_smile: I never knew they were in Windows 10

Glad you found that helpful. Once a person gets use to pressing Win Logo and Period Key this method works for all things i.e. email in browsers, clients like eM Client, Thunderbird and all types of Rick Text (HTML) forums.

W10 updated this about four versions ago to give us universal embedding of Emoticons/Emojis. :wink::v:

1 Like

Hi
I had one of the best email app ( Incredimail ) with so many features but it is no longer available. Any chances that you can add Emojies to your app?
Regards

Karl

eM Client 8.2 comes with tons of emojis. You can download it now from the Release History

1 Like

I just downloaded the most recent version v8.2.1509, and I’m still missing all emoticons except 1. I can see GIFs and stickers, but no emoticons. I understand I can get them with Windows-., but the UI would be nice. Attaching a s/shot of what I actually get. Thanks for your help.!

Can you try the following:

1. If you can manage it make a backup using Menu > Backup. If not, skip this step.

2. Close and uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete the database folder when asked. That will ensure all your data and settings are there later.

3. If it exists, delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client folder.

4. Download and install the latest version from here: https://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

5. Restart eM Client.

Thanks. I did all that, but no change. Any other suggestions?

That is strange you cannot see the emojis. Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling etc as per @Gary advised, Could be your eg: “Dark Theme” Background (setting) isn’t right somewhere in eM Client. So the emojis could actually be showing, but you are not seeing them due to maybe they are all black.

For a test, try the default “Classic Theme” and see if you can then see them. Also for there is some “User Created” Dark Themes as well you can test to see if they appear in any of those - Themes (emclient.com)

If none of the themes allow you to see the emojis, suggest to backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” and then rename your “eM Client” roaming database hidden folder (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client) to something else temporarily eg: oldmaildatabase.

Next uninstall eM Client and then if you are tech savy and confident editing the registry, run the registry editor and search for anything to do with eM Client and delete all those entries. Then reboot your computer.

Next reinstall eM Client and don’t open it after installation. Then delete the new just created blank eM Client roaming hidden folder and rename your exiting folder back to eM Client that you prev renamed above. Then open eM Client which should pickup your exiting database and then hopefully all work fine.

Windows 10 has hundreds of smilies and emojis. Just press and hold the Windows Key then press the period key and a pop-up will appear on the email you are typing. You can move the box anywhere you like while you type words into the email that will find your emojis. Or, you can just click on the category of smiles and emojis at the bottom of the box.

Very cool IMHO.