emClient will NOT send emails unless VPN is disabled

I’ve tried this through both SurfShark and NordVPN with the same results. I’ve even tried setting emClient to bypass the VPN. I’ve tried the recommended settings that I’ve seen in previous posts to set the SMTP port to 465 and to use legacy, but that doesn’t work either when the VPN is connected. Mail DOES send when the VPN is disabled.

Alternatively, I have also used alternative email programs like Outlook to test to see if it sends through the VPN and they DO work.

I’m using GMAIL accounts.

This problem is with emClient. PLEASE HELP.

Have you tried different VPN servers? I found that helped when I used NordVPN.

I’m using GMAIL accounts

If you are a paying Google Drive customer, you can use the Google One VPN included that works fine with eM Client. I use it on PC and Mac & Mobile.

viernes 22 diciembre 2023 :: 0827hrs (UTC +0100)

I do NOT believe the issue is with Surfshark or eM Client
This laptop I am using has Surfshark and I weekly use VPN for:
London, Frankfurt, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Rabat, Dubai, and others where we have offices.
There has NEVER been an issue an never connect at less than 847mbps at the moment I have 946.07 on Madrid
We do NOT use Google/Gmail for any purpose
Windows 11 Pro
eM Client v9.2.2157
I do not normally use this laptop I use another with Outlook and have similar results

¡Buena suerte! y ¡Feliz Navidad!

Alvaro Muñoz (skybat on holiday)

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español y catalán, luego portugués, inglés, francés y árabe.
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Yes I did. Did not help. Two different VPN providers as well.

I don’t want to use that.

This used to not be a problem at all. I’ve had a paid licence for emClient for a few years and never had a problem until recently.

Again, I’ve tried this with two different VPN providers, I’ve tried other email clients with the same settings and had no problems. The problem is with emClient.

jueves 22 diciembre 2023 :: 0919hrs (UTC +0100)

I am sorry I can not help you some more, I do not normally do this with the forum.
All I can suggest is that you contact Surfshark, Nord and Google for any help.
I do not know about Nord or Google but I do know that Surfshark are excellent with help with some of our clients and they have real multi language people on support and will always support in your own language of choice, same as we do at Compucall.

¡Buena suerte! y ¡Feliz Navidad!

Alvaro Muñoz (skybat on holiday)

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español y catalán, luego portugués, inglés, francés y árabe.
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

2 Likes

So emClient is resolving itself of having any problems? I used to not have this problem at all with the same setup. This could have started after an emClient update? I’m really not sure.

None of the folks that have responded to you are eM Client employees. I would assume that in time an employee will jump in, but the holiday season will most likely delay that.

Another option would be to use the VIP support option to deal directly with an eMC support person.

2 Likes