emclient will not run

After a power fail, Win 10 ran a disk check. Now, no matter what I try, I cannot get the program to start. The circle spins fo a few seconds then stops. I have tried starting in the program files as well as the shortcuts - nothing. I have hundreds of important emails locked in the program plus contact details. I’m seriously considering having to use Microsoft Outlook in desperation.

To check if the database is a problem, close eM Client then rename the C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that.

Once you have done that, start eM Client. The application will start with an empty database. If it still does not start, uninstall eM Client. This will not delete your data. Download and install the latest version from http://www.emclient.com/release-history

Once it is installed you can rename the folder back to C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have done everything as you suggested and it is now working except for the following error that occured after I reloaded the App Data.

System.ApplicationException: SQL logic error or missing database
no such table: mail_data.LocalMailContents
Line: 9
DELETE FROM mail_index.MailItems WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT id FROM mail_data.LocalMailContents WHERE id=mail_index.MailItems.id LIMIT 1);
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.ImportFromResource(IDbConnection connection, Stream myStream, CancellationToken token)    at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.ImportFromManifestResource(String resourceName, CancellationToken token)
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.Repair(RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token) &nbsp;&nbsp; at MailClient.Accounts.ItemRepositories.Repair(RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token) &nbsp;&nbsp; at DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.CheckConsistencyForAccount(String accountDirectory, RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token) &nbsp;&nbsp; at DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass2\_0.<check>b__0(String p)<br> at DbRepair.PerAccountExecutor.Execute(String dataStoreLocation, Func2 action)
at DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.Check(RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token)
at DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
ResourceName: MailClient.Storage.Mail.Data.DbMailRepository.consistency.sql
DatastoreLocation: C:\Users\Kenneth Ness\AppData\Roaming\eM Client<br>
Seems the Database Checktool encountered a problem and suggested I contact you.

Close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\ DbRepair.exe

That might fix any errors.

It Just comes up with the same fail. During the replacement of the files from the old copy, there were 36 files that overwrote the “new” files which were created during the new setup. I’m assuming that the corruption occured in one ore more of them. For a brief moment I saw my emails before the program went into “repair mode” so some of them are there. The details seem to be the same. Should I repeat the whole excercise from the start but dismiss those files that appeared corrupt?

I don’t think there is any point as it seems that there is some corruption in the database. If the repair utility cannot fix it, you might as well just delete the database directory.

Once you have started with a blank database again, you can add your email accounts, and if you are using IMAP or Exchange, that will re-sync the data with the server. Or if you are using POP3, you could restore from your most recent backup.

Whilst things are recovering, I need to  thank you for your help, much appreciated. Fortunately BT/Yahoo held onto the last 250 plus emails in the Trash folder which took me far enough back to cover the last backup on the 4th April (must do them a bit more often from now on.) I took your advice and accepted what would happen, Much to my relief, it turned out better than I could hope for. Again, thank you for your help, I can breathe again.