From the many, many posts on this forum, I gather that my small problem is still causing a significant number of users to change their email client.
Before I go any further,if you are an expert on this topic, please, please do not post the instruction, “Menu> File> Restore>Yes”. (I now use it instead of counting sheep, to get me off to sleep at night!)
My question is this :- Is there a way to extract the DAT files from the eMclient “Backups” ?
All I want is a folder which I can refer to, when I want to view all my lost “Local Folders and Contacts” .
Has nobody on the staff of eMClient worked out a simple solution of this worldwide problem??
Please, please somebody help me retrieve and possibly restore 5 years of data which is priceless to me.
The files in the database are not individually usable. You need the whole database, or nothing, and it can only be accessed from the eM Client application
So Menu > File > Restore. Even though you don’t want to hear that.
However, there is a way to retrieve selected data from the backup, if that is what you are trying to do:
- Disconnect the computer from the Internet. This is important!
- Go to Menu > Settings > General > Backup. Disable Periodic Backup if it is selected and click on OK.
- Make a backup using Menu > Backup, so we can come back to the current database later.
- Restore the old backup that has the data you want to retrieve.
- Export that data you need. You can do that using Menu > File > Export > Export email to eml files. You can select whole directory trees, so it is fairly easy to do.
- Restore the backup made in step 3.
- Reconnect to the Internet.
- Import the data from step 5 using Menu > File > Import > Email (eml).