EmClient recieves/sends all my gmail but asks me contiuously for the password. How can it be fixed?

If it is working, why does it ask me for the password?

Hello Rod, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Can you please make a screenshot of the issue? Does the application ask for the password continuously or intermittently during the day?

Thank you.

I have the same problem, keep getting error messages popping up and when doing the diagnostics it wants the password and I check the remember password box it does again and again…  This is ever since I installed the emClient…

Hello Jim, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Can you please make a screenshot of the issue?

Same problem. Google window opens up demanding my login info. Happens every time I open eM Client, also at random times during the day. I un/reinstalled eMC to address this and another issue, where it’s not downloading my messages. Not fixed.

Hello Patti, can you please download this utility, http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler and run the utility. On first run, please navigate to Tools > Fiddler Options > HTTPs > Decrypt HTTPs and enable traffic capture. Replicate this issue and next time the Google Authentication option is shown, authenticate or dismiss the authentication and submit the fiddler archive with the logging data to us.

Save the archive in File > Save as > Fiddler Archive, and submit the logging archive to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Does the issue occur intermittently or for example after waking the computer up from sleep mode?

Also before you start the loggin procedure, make sure you’re using the latest available release of eM client or update using this installer, 6.0.22465.0 .

Thank you,

I think this thread is covering two different issues. I have an issue like the second, where a Google screen asks for my password and IT IS BOGUS. It appears every time I fire up emClient. My version is 6.0.22344.0. This is a real security violation for Google accounts if you reply with your password. I did at first (it really looks authentic) and then had to change my password. When you close it, you get a further pushier dialog box acting like you’re crazy to close the first window.

Hello Dan, sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately this issue only occurs with some of the eM Client installations and we’re working on finding out the cause of the problem.

However I’m not completely sure why you’re referring to this as a security violation? I can assure you, this is not a scam window, however the window is shown when the server requires authentication or when the application is unable to authenticate with the server, even if this occurs, the data can not be shared with anyone else and is protected more likely than unprotected.

I’ve receive the logging data from you and submitted it to the developers for more information.

Thank you,