EMClient not downloading new mails. Restart required

Suddenly EMClient (6.0.19861.0) is not downloading new mails from the IMAP server. When I restart, it is receiving the new mails.

Hi,
I see you’re not using the latest version of eM Client, can you please update it (latest version: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20025/setup.msi) and check back in here if the problem persists?

Thank you,
Paul.

I have same issue, updated to 6.0.20025 which seems like it may have resolved the issue. Problem started on Tuesday this week, and appears to only involve the inbox. Other imap folders seem to sync ok. If you close and reopen eMclient new messages would sync, but that’s the only way. No issues with Outlook or other clients.

Hi,
I’m not completely sure when did you update your eM Client if the issue came up even after the update or not.

Paul.

I just did the update this morning after reading this thread to see if it would solve, but I spoke too soon. Didn’t solve the problem. Only way to get new email to load is to close the program and reopen it. They won’t come in with a manual send/receive or scheduled. Other folders sync as they should.

I have the same problem. I also did the update after seeing this comment, and problem is still not resolved.

Using GMail IMAP and it is taking a VERY long time to sync folders and download new emails as well. Just started yesterday. No other internet connection problems and I can log in to GMail through my browser with no problems.

Hi,
can you tell me what provider are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,
can you tell me what provider are you using? Do your emails get download after the application restart as others mentioned?
Or how long does it take for your client to download the emails?

Thank you,
Paul.

It is my own domain name hosted on GoDaddy on its servers at: “imap.secureserver.net

Hi,
several users using GoDaddy reported this issue, it’s an acknowledged issue but it’s caused by GoDaddy not by the application, we’re trying to resolve it, but it’s not in our hands unfortunately.

Thank you, please be patient.
Paul.

Hi, I was having the same problem and did upgrade thanks to this message. I’ll see how it works. However, when I did a ‘check for update’ it said i had the latest (before using the update link you provided here). So, does the ‘check update’ not really look for the latest and greatest?

And, so far, I was so happy to have found emClient. I have forgotten about outlook…:slight_smile:

Hi,

Yes, When I reported the issue, I forgot to mention that, my domain also hosted in GoDaddy.

I upgraded the client to 6.0.20025. Check for a day or two and let you the outcome.

Hi, the update provided here is not an official release yet.

Paul.

After upgradig to 6.0.20025, still I am facing the same issue (hosted on GoDaddy). I forced to restart the client now and then to check the new mails.

Hi,
as I mentioned previously this issue is caused by GoDaddy and we’re trying to resolve it however since the issue isn’t with the application the options are limited.

Please be patient, we believe the fix should come soon.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
slow imap access.

Myself and a number of my clients use emClient and the longer we have used it we have all noticed the same thing. It takes a very long time to check emails and then when it finally shows emails it takes a long time moving from message to message. When you click on a message it shows a bar as if it is downloading the message. It could take up to 3 minutes to finally show the content which might only be a line or two. We are all using godaddy imap accounts and a couple people are also using aol. any ideas?