EMClient not downloading all GMail emails when set up with IMAP

Hi I had a computer crash and upon reinstalling Windows to solve the problem when I installed EMClient on the new setup it failed to download all GMail emails.  I was able to verify in one of the problem Gmail labels that the email was on the google servers by going to www.gmail.com and the corresponding label however not all of the emails in the label showed up in em client.  I uninstalled EMClient and then renamed the appdata/roaming database location to try and get a fresh start however upon reinstall of EMClient after these steps the problem persisted.  I did this twice without any luck.  Any ideas?  Is there another way to clean EMClient remnants from the computer?  I did a scan with Revo Uninstaller as well and the only remnants were the appdata roaming database location and a few registry keys.
Thanks!

Hello Josh,
what version of eM Client are you currently using? Please check the Help>About section for full number.
Also, could you please screenshot the labels set up in your gmail account (from the Settings>Labels section) and the folders actually synchronized to eM Client?
Or does this happen with just certain stand-alone messages as well?
Is there any error message in Tools>Operations windoW?

Regards,
Olivia

I have a similar problem with my Inbox after reinstalling following a W10 crash. It just shows today’s mails and a couple from 2010. But the Inbox does not have a Repair option

If this is for a GMail account, right-click on the All Mail folder and choose Properties > Repair.  All other IMAP accounts should have the option on Inbox.

If the account is setup as POP3, the option will not be there. You can check how the account is setup by going to Menu > Tools > Accounts. If it is IMAP, it should look something like this:

1 Like

Brilliant, and very speedily answered. Many thanks. That seems to have worked!

Good day. 
Could you please help, all the time coming error during synchronise, all settings is correct, and nothing to help. W8.1 emclient latest version. 

Click on Open account settings  in the error above, then go to the IMAP tab and make sure that port is set to 993 and security policy is Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

If that does not correct it, temporarily disable your anti-virus application and try again.

thanks. this solved my problem.

i had created some new labels and renamed old labels through gmail web UI. But in emclient, mails were not getting downloaded to the new labels. this repair option fixed it.

1 Like