emclient needs passwort after reboot the pc

the client on my new laptop allways after rebooting the laptop need an passwort to start, but i do not know any passwort therefore, what i can i do to use emclint on that laptop ?

Unfortunately, if you do not know the password, there is nothing you can do except to delete the database, and start again. To do that, close eM Client and then delete C:\Users_[username]_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that.

The password request should look like this:

If it doesn’t, then it may not be eM Client.

Who generates the password initially? The User or eMClient?

Is this new with v7? Do not recall  v6 doing this. Just the password for the email acct. I’m still on v6.

The password is an option that the user can configure after installing the application. By default it is not enabled.

It is there in version 6 also, from where this screenshot comes.

OK, thank you. I’d never used that feature, so had forgotten. Perhaps the person in the initial post inherited the laptop from someone who turned on the password feature.

Yes, could be. It is not something that can be configured accidentally.

i am sorry but i do not known who created this missed password. i installed the Client two weeks ago when i got my new Laptop. then yesterday as i booted my Laptop the password problem epears

Can you post a screenshot of the password prompt?

thanks, i will try it this afternoon

rgds M.H.