eMClient freezing on Win 10 Pro when starting 2nd time

Hello

I am running the latest version of eM Client on Windows 10 Pro. I have been experincing the issue for a while and I have not been able to find a solution.

Basically, the client runs fine if it was last used prior to a reboot otherwise the whole machine freezes on the splash screen when client is started. This includes task manager requiring a physical shutdown. This usually results file corruption requiring a restore. I am currently doing a manual back of the folder each time I use it so I do not lose messages.

We also have the client running on a second workstation also running Win 10 Pro and has the exact same issue.

Both machines are usually put in sleep mode when not in use but now we have no option but to reboot them each time after closing eM Client.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Anyone, had similar issues? Help would be appreciated.

Both machines are usually put in sleep mode when not in use but now we have no option but to reboot them each time after closing eM Client.

So from what I understand the problem is coming out of sleep mode is causing database errors in eM Client.

That normally means you have to adjust or change settings in your power sleep mode till you get it to work, which can be different depending on if it’s a desktop or laptop.

There is Sleep Hybernation and Sleep Hybrid modes which are different in the way they save data to ram or disk when Windows sleeps. So try the different sleep modes if you are leaving eM Client open and just walking away.

If neither works or you have already tried adjusting between the various sleep modes, then you would need to speak to the technical support staff at Microsoft as they control what happens when the OS goes to sleep and how it comes out of sleep mode.

On my own desktop, I do sometimes manually shutdown in Sleep mode and then press the spacebar or power on button to wake it up and eM Client is still open and works fine. I don’t leave the computer to automatically go to sleep.

Lastly if you have a laptop, “avoid closing the screen completely forcing sleep” (if you are doing that), as alot of programs don’t like that as it can sometimes instantly kill the running open app.

Thanks for your reply.

We normally shutdown the eM Client and then put the machine to sleep (sometimes upto 3-4 hours after the eM Client was closed down).

The client is never left open whenever the machine is in sleep mode.

The next time when the client is started it causes the machine to hang while loading up. It seems that eM Client never truly shuts down and when it is restarted, it hangs unless we restart the PC beforehand and then it restarts without a problem.

It seems that eM Client never truly shuts down and when it is restarted,

If you are manually exiting eM Client via either the “Menu or X” before either restarting Windows or Shutting Windows down and eM Client is freezing or having to be repaired when you get back to the desktop, then that normally means you have something installed running in the background or resident that is interferring with eM Client causing it to freeze and not exit or close properly.

When you exit eM Client before restarting or shutting down Windows, “Open the Task Manager” and see if eM Client is still running in the “Processes and / or Users” tabs after say 2-3 seconds. If it is and doesn’t dissapear from both tabs, then there is another process running stopping it from closing completely.

So if it is still running in either Task Manager tab, disable all non OS programs on Win 10 Startup and reboot and then see if eM Client opens without freezing and closes completely in the Task Manager.

If it then behaves ok with only the default Win 10 startup, then you have to enable optional background tasks one at a time and reboot in between till you find which startup program is causing the problem.