EMClient freezes (dims) on Win7 Upon Send/Receive

Upon sending and receiving (automated) on 4 accounts (2 google apps, 2 gmail), the entire EMClient locks up (freezes) and all EM windows dim. Yes, I had my sync set to every 1 minute (exactly how I typically had outlook set up w/o problem) and I suspect that is driving my issue. Letting you know because this freeze upon send/receive is unacceptable enough to make me stop using EMClient unless a fix is found.

Hi,
when it happens again run the tool available from http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… It should generate a log file (starting with “eM Client
Stack” in your Documents folder) that will help us analyze the problem in more detail. Please send this file to us. Thanks.

[email protected]

Hi,

Was this ever solved? I seem to be having the same problem. For now I’ve turned off automatic syncing to see if it improves. Please advise.

Also having this problem. Whenever they program syncs it completely locks up. A pain in the butt if you are in the middle of writing an email and you have to wait for it to complete before you can continue typing. This is a deal breaker. Otherwise, love the program. Even purchased the pro version to add multiple email accounts.

For the benefit of all, I just want to say that turning off the automatic syncing has seemed to avoid the freezing. Of course, I’m using all IMAP accounts so everything is push, but I would still really like to see a solution to this problem. I love the program also!

I wouldn’t set synching of e-mail to 1 minute…what if downloading/uploading messages takes longer than 1 minute? The next synch action is then already queued to be performed…so you might get a period in which the computer might lock because it’s constantly synching…(I don’t know whether eM Client uses background threads for this synching to prevent locking the UI, but it seems that eM Client is not using background threads, based on above messages.)

I would set the synching time to 10 or 15 minutes for example.

original topic is 11 months old… But yes usually altering this to larger time helps, for example Google can prevent synchronizing at all if set lower than 10 minutes.

Jan