Emclient FATAL ERROR will not start

PRO user since 2017. The other day I had a red triangle by one of my email accounts. I clicked to fix it but did not work. I restarted my computer hoping for a fix, but instead, the program encounters an error and refuses to start. I have tried updating to version 8. Get the same error. I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling - still get the same error. Attached is a screen shot. I have submitted a support ticket but have yet to receive a reply. Any ideas?

It appears there is something wrong with the database.

In Windows Explorer, with hidden items enabled, rename the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder, then restart eM Client.

If you have a recent back you can restore that, or manually add your accounts again.

Hi Gary. Thanks for responding. I have located the eM Client folder referenced above. Should I just delete that entire folder (eM client)? I am not worried about losing the database and having to reenter all of my accounts. I just want it to work again. I had tried reinstalling both version 7 and version 8. Even though I thought I had uninstalled all, it obviously was still finding something on my machine because when I tried to install version 8, it was telling me I needed to upgrade my license without me entering it again. I originally paid for my PRO license back in 2017. I just need it to work.

I said to rename the folder, that way you can always go back to it if necessary if Pro Support has some other suggestion, but if all your data is synced with a server, like Gmail, Exchange etc., then you can just delete the folder.

Either way, after deleting or renaming the folder, uninstall eM Client. Then download and install the latest version 7 from the Release History. You will then need to setup your email accounts, and can activate the version 7 Pro License again.

Well I did as you suggested. I changed the folder name. I uninstalled. Then reinstalled. i am getting the same error. :frowning:

There was one comment on the forum by a staff member where he said that after uninstalling eM Client, to delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\ folder if it exists before reinstalling.

You could try that, or wait for Support to respond to your ticket.