EMclient duplicating emails

There are duplicates but the Deduplicator does not find anything except one email. ALL of my emails are duplicated. It is linked to conversation view. If I turn off all conversations nothing is duplicated. When I turn it back on everything is duplicated. I also downloaded the most recent version of the program 8.2.106. Still not working.

You need to make sure the Deduplicator is set to search ALL folders.

Or maybe there is some database corruption. Something you can try is to remove the account from eM Client, then add it again.

There is no database corruption. There is a folder that says ALL MAIL (AKA mailbox) in Protonmail. Then it shows all the folders separately, Inbox, Sent etc. They should not be duplicates because they are not duplicated in Protonmail. It just allows you to see all of the mail for the account, then drill down into a folder you choose. And this still does not happen unless you are in Conversation view.

Conversations is a feature in eM Client that displays messages with the same header references grouped together. So two messages that reference the same message ID are considered a conversation. Usually this is a sent message and a reply to that message.

However, if you have the same message duplicated, the two messages will also be considered a conversation because the have the same message headers.

Now you have the same message in more than one folder so when you enable conversations, eM Client correctly displays the two messages as a conversation.

Thunderbird does not have this conversation feature. When conversations are disabled in eM Client, or when you are viewing your messages in Thunderbird, they look the same.

Another way to check the location of the two messages is to enable conversations in eM Client, then find one of these duplicates. In the message preview pane, right-click in the area of the from/to information(see 1 below) and choose Properties. This will tell you which folder the message is in (see 2 below).

Then do the same to the other message in the conversation, which is the duplicate and displayed above or below the first in the preview pane. Display the properties for it as well and see what folder it is in.

There is a feature that can be enabled with an add on with Thunderbird for conversation view but it is not built in. I seem to recall Thunderbird had the same option with the add on, but since it was third party I just uninstalled that add on and stopped using the program. Conversation view is what we both want to use. Protonmail is not the only company to use the ALL MAIL and then break it down into folders. Gmail does the same thing so that you can sort through the email without needing to figure out which folder it is in. I know that for work Outlook Exchange mail will display conversation view
without duplicates, but we both do not like Microsoft. Is there a way you can make this work with your program without displaying ghost duplicates? Since the duplicates only show up in EMclient and not on the web view, the adjustment needs to be worked in the email client. Is there a way to take a folder out of Conversation view?

They are not the same. Protonmail has actual folders called All Mail, Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Starred, Archive, Spam and Trash. Gmail’s implementation is slightly different as it has only 3 actual folders: All Mail, Trash and Spam.

Youi might be able to disable the All Mail folder for IMAP in your Proton server as it is currently present both All Mail and Inbox as separate folders.

Yes, that is not part of Thunderbird. The interesting this is that if you install that add-on, you get the same result as with eM Client which is the duplicates seen in the conversation coming from two separate folders; All Mail and Inbox.