EmClient does not start, crashing in DB Rebuild

EMClient.exe will not start up. When I run it, it attempts a DB repair but crashed before the app can start. This is the exception:

Faulting application name: MailClient.exe, version: 7.2.35595.0, time stamp: 0x5cdd2ba2
Faulting module name: libcef.DLL, version: 3.2623.1445.0, time stamp: 0x5c2dc906
Exception code: 0x4000001f
Fault offset: 0x00209209
Faulting process id: 0x10cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d588468cf96499
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\libcef.DLL
Report Id: 9503d7d9-f43b-11e9-bfdb-34e6d71ef7df

I have the some problem - “checking for corupted database - failed” and here are some details

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): disk I/O error
disk I/O error
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DataStore.GetConnectionInternal(String relativeName)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
   at DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
SQLiteCommandText: PRAGMA synchronous=Normal
databaseFile: 0cf98b37-359e-4242-b724-1447be8ef21f\0d0a6e08-17fe-4b30-a985-27f2072e6f6c\mail_data.dat

I don’t think the two issues are the same.

Paul, your best bet is to download the current version of eM Client from https://www.emclient.com/download and see if there is any difference. 

V, unfortunately if there is an issue with the database that cannot be corrected, then your best option will be to delete the current one, and either start again or restore from your most recent backup. To delete the database either rename or delete the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there.

Gary,
Thank you very much.

I did install the latest version which was able to plow through the DB repair task just fine.
(i have emails dating back to 1992, so huge db files !)

tnx,
paul