Emclient crashes after rebuild

This has got me steaming.  The database broke and couldn’t be repaired.  I did a clean install of the latest release, ok so far.  I restored from a file of my e-mails stored as .eml (26000 of them and it took over 12 hours, which is ridiculous).  After the reload completed, I shut emclient down and restarted my machine.  attempting to start up again,  It spins for a second and then stops (the service ceases to run).

I came over to your product because of what Outlook became and now I can’t do anything.

Hi Herb, not completely sure if I understand, are you suggesting you can not open the application after a computer restart or is it crashing after initializing the application?
If it’s crashing is the crash report window displayed? Can you please click on the “Show error” button in the dialogue and send the error here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,
    I’m having some problems with a corrupt mail database and I did a fresh install of eM Client.  The product came up once and after I rebooted, it doesn’t come up at all.  I tried to run a DB Repair and it failed with a suggestion to restore.  There is a possibility that my hard drive is crapping out and I’m in the process of changing hardware.  I’ll try eM Client on the new machine after it arrives.

Herb

Hi again, so if you try to run the application it won’t open at all or does it immediately crash? As I previouslt mentioned if the application crashes an error report window should be shown.
You can try to setup a new database in order to resolve this issue, go to your local folder > App Data > Roaming, and delete the “eM client” folder, next time you open the application a new database folder should be created allowing you to setup all your account again.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Paul,
    I was able to do a restore and eMClient came up (for now).   I think that I was hit with a rootkit virus that did some damage to my disk indexes and that caused some flaky results with a few of my software packages.   I’ll back burner this case for now until I finish the rebuild.  Thank you for your help.

Herb

Hi again, glad you’ve found a solution, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.