emClient completely reset?

Hey all

2-3 days ago I set up emClient for the first time using 2 different email addresses. I’m storing all my data on D:\Documents\emClients, and that has worked fine so far. I could restart the client several times and nothing bad happened.

Today I performed I bios update of my motherboard and when I rebooted emClient, everything was suddenly gone. The client has been reset to the initial state that shows when you install the software.

I don’t believe that the bios update has anything to do with it. I just don’t understand what happened…

The data is still fine under D:, but I can’t import it or restore it in any way. The emClient app still points to these directories as well which is even more baffling…

Is this a normal occurrence? Because if it is I might just give up entirely instead of wasting my time. What do I do about this?

viernes 09 junio 2023 :: 0952hrs (UTC -0800)

Hey @d3vilsadvocate

Had you made a Backup of eMC before the Bios update?
Menu ->Backup.
I am not certain, however, eMC possibly thinks that you are working with a NEW computer and as the License for eMC (Free & Pro) is only valid for one machine it will not work.
You can try:
Menu ->Help ->License ->Deactivate
Shutdown & Restart emC
Menu ->Help ->License ->Enter an Activate using your original Serial Key

Failing this, unless someone else can suggest anything else, contact [email protected] (do not expect an immediate answer, I do not know if they work at a weekend)

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Victoria, BC la lluviosa y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hey thanks for answering

I’m on emC free for now. WOuld a free license be affected as well?

I haven’t created a backup as of yet. After all, my data is still sitting on the D: drive. Can’t it be imported somehow?

sábado 10 junio 2023 :: 0916hrs (UTC -0800)

There are feature differences between Free & Pro such as, including and not restricted to, a two account limit and strict Personal only use with Free, all differences are listed here:
Differences
The license validation is per machine with both Free & Pro.
Have you checked that eMC is pointing to your Database here:
Menu ->Settings ->Storage
As you changed the location you will need to move the Database files manually as they do NOT move with the location change.
To do this you MUST shutdown eMC, it is not possible with eMC active.
You can make a manual Backup of eMC at Menu ->Backup
A regular Backup can be set & configured at Menu ->Settings ->General ->Backup
A Backup contains the COMPLETE setup configuration of eMC at the moment made.
For instance if you wanted to move to a new computer you can transfer everything by using Backup to do this:
Run the eMC installation file as far as the point where you need to setup accounts etc then at that point run Menu ->File ->Restore
You will need to use a USB or similar to move the Backup file and point Restore to this file on the computer.
I hope you understand, English is not my first language.

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Victoria, BC la lluviosa y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

hey, thanks for your help

this is a case where proper reading comprehension would have helped. I now copied my database from the C: to the D: drive as you suggested and suddenly everything works again.

The reboot & bios update didn’t have anything to do with it, it was just coincidental.

Muchas gracias!

domingo 11 junio 2023 :: 0651hrs (UTC -0800)

I am pleased to note you have a working eMC.
Do NOT forget to set up a regular Backup.

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Victoria, BC la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]