Emclient 8 - Calendar font issue

I had a client of mine upgrade from emclient 7 to 8.

The font in the calendar appointments is really small. Looks like its a 8 or less? Also, Its white. Its very hard to read! How do I change this back to version 7 type?

I have looked thru all the settings for fonts and nothing there changes the calendar appointment font size. It changes everything else like the program fonts but nothing changes the text in the calendar appointment.

Help.

I also have 2 problems with the fonts in Calendar in version 8.

I prefer to run em client using the left hand half of my screen. This was fine in the old version, but the new version has very spacious calendar text which causes a serious problem and it’s not configurable.

1. I can’t read the appointment details due to the wasted space around the text. There is room for an extra line of text above and below the text. The line spacing has a large gap and the space at the left and right sides is worth 2 or 3 characters.

2. The weekdays at the top of each column disappear when the calendar is on half screen, you are just left with the date. There is plenty of space left to display the weekday, just no one has bothered to test it when they redesigned the calendar.

eM Client, please test the calendar using the a half the screen and fix the weekdays and make more use of the space in each appointment.

Having worked in the IT industry for many years, I recognise these sort of bugs/issues.

Sorry to hear about your problems also.

I have 8 licenses at a company I service and one of the clients did the upgrade. So, The calendar font is small and white. Its very hard to read. I have seen older posts about this and the canned response seems to be “We have no plans to change that”. So, Since their calendar is handled on the main server I plan on removing ver. 8 and going back to 7.

I guess this is going to be a short relationship here with emclient. Its too bad they cannot leave well enough alone and just concentrate on real issues. They could add the option for changing the fonts/ colors in the calendar end even. However, For some reason they do not want to even after some have complained. This leads me to believe that they do not see it as necessary to be able to read calendar events with out a lot of strain?

In all honesty, I might as well take my client back to Thunderbird Email Client because it does not have an issue doing that. Its even got plugins available and its free. Originally, I liked emclient because it was “easy on the eyes” at the time and seemed pretty snappy. Now half that equation is gone.

Too bad. I now have extra work to do this weekend rolling my clients back to 7.

best wishes,

NP

I too have this problem, having been duped into upgrading (and no way I can see of rolling back to v7), I am now stuck with an unreadable calendar

eM Client would have asked you if you want to upgrade. I guess if you did not read what was offered, you could consider that being duped. :smile:

Please follow these instructions from the FAQ for downgrading:

HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE BACK TO EM CLIENT 7?

Our databases are not backward compatible for older versions and once you upgrade your database to accommodate the new version, you cannot just simply install an older version over it.

If you have a backup of your database from eM Client 7 you can skip any export. If not, you will need to export local data before the downgrade to keep them.

For accounts set up with IMAP or EWS protocol this is not an issue, as setting these accounts anew will synchronize messages and folders back from the server.

For POP accounts and any data in Local folders, export them first via Menu > File > Export and once you downgrade, you can import them back via Menu > File > Import.

The steps to downgrade then are to:

• Export any local data you need to keep (Menu > File > Export)
  • Uninstall eM Client 8
  • Either delete the database or rename it
  • Install eM Client 7 (You can find older versions in our Release history)
  • Restore from the backup (Menu > File > Restore) or create your accounts anew and import your local data back in (Menu > Tools > Accounts, Menu > File > Import)

If you want to just rename your database, the default location is in C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client

You do not know what was said, you are making incorrect assumptions.

Support was trying to fix an issue that had existed and was an open ticket for 15 WEEKS.

As it was still persisting they said (and I quote precisely) Hello,
“I see. In that case could you please try the latest version?”
You do know the difference between TRY and BUY?

As to your “FIX” well that just crashed the system during export.

So a double fail. :slight_smile:

Hello Michael,
Could you please send me the Support Ticket ID to [email protected]?
I’ll review it to see if there’s anything we can do for you.
Russel

Just saw the notification of your post. If your getting calendar events and mail from an IMAP type server then you can uninstall emclient 8 and when it asks to remove the database answer ‘yes’. This deletes the local database only which is incompatible with emclient 7.

I have instructed my clients not to upgrade when it asks. Of course, I have ran into another issue with emclient that is quite interesting.

I began to have calls from my clients that their calendar errors out when they start emclient. The error message in emclient is that communication was lost to the server. In troubleshooting this I found that accessing their calendar from a web browser was not an issue - It was only when using emclient 7. What made things worse is that because of this error no shared calendars would load either. So, For an office of about eight shared calendars this means everyone’s calendars would not load or would partially load then error out. I did a lot of digging and found out that there was HTML code in the calendars. I exported the bad calendar to an ics file and edited it in a text editor and removed all HTML code. This took a long time. Then I had to wipe out their old calendar and import a new calendar with these changes. This fixed the issue. However, It would come back now and again. Finally I found out that users would sometimes copy and paste from a browser into the calendar. This was putting hidden HTML code in the calendar database. Then everyone’s calendar would refuse to load when emclient goes to sync. Imagine eight workstations sharing their calendars - The whole office calendar system went down. Best I could do is instruct them not to copy and paste from browsers or any other software that handles HTML. Evidently emclient does not handle that well.

As for your issue with the very poor calendar colors, Emclient would sure be much better if they left well enough alone. IMO, The tech support should be up on this issue with the calendar colors and told you. There should also have been a back out plan in case you have to downgrade back to 7. So, I fault tech support here. Tech support should have been able to get you back to version 7 at the least.

It is in no way your fault for following the advice of tech support to solve a problem. This is what you call them for. If they recommended upgrading to version 8 then who are you to argue with that in a trouble shooting session ?

I would think that instead of drastically changing the look of the calendar they could have coded it as an option instead. If users liked it fine. However, There is no option and I think a lot of emclient 8 users got stuck with this. The need to change the layout or color scheme of software and call it an upgrade is pretty bad IMO.