emClient 7 beta : Buglist

emClient 7 beta is full of bugs. Here are some things I came across :

Emptying trash : There is no button to Empty trash that can be added to the toolbar. If you display ‘Trash’ in Smart Folders , right clicking does not give you any folder specific actions. This means that you have to empty trash one by one in every account.

Delete button : When vieweing Flagged email in Smart folders, Delete has to be clicked twice to delete a message.

Hover cards: If you hover over a contact name or attachment in the message view , a card is shown with more details and some clickable buttons to add the contact, open the attachment etc. There is no way to click the buttons because as soon as you move the mouse, the card disappears.

Airsync : If you add an Outlook.com account, Airsync does not work because it cannot find any server called m.hotmail.com

Dark theme : Dark theme has yellow highlights with white text. This is difficult to read. Yellow is a light color and should have dark text on it. 

Hello Nash,
version 7 is in BETA testing and not a finished product, so of course there will be some issues - those are to be reported to [email protected] as is mentioned in our blog.

As for the mentioned issues:

Emptying trash> that the Smart folder Trash cannot be emptied at once is a known issue that we are working on fixing. Having this option in the Toolbar is an interesting idea and I’ll mark it down among possible feature requests for consideration.

Delete button> this issue has been in the Alpha and should be already fixed in the BETA. If it does not work correctly for you now, it will in the next update.

Hover cards> If you move directly onto the card, it should stay in its place, the card disappears if you move away from the text and card.

AirSync> This is actually not an issue connected to version 7. Microsoft is ending its support of the AirSync protocol, so you will need to set up your Microsoft account as IMAP for it to work correctly. As such, synchronizing Calendar and Contacts is not possible at this moment for these accounts.

Dark theme> the highlight is orange, but yes, the Dark theme is not ideal yet. We’re still making changes to it to make it better. If you are interested in the newest version of the dark theme, please contact me at [email protected]

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks for your reply Olivia.

Hover cards : It is impossible to move directly to the card. At high resolutions, this card appears far away (at least 10 pixels) from the text on which the mouse is hovered.
The screenshot below shows that it is impossible to move the mouse to the card without the card disappearing.

This is the case with all hover cards.

More bugs: 

Contacts : “Add all contacts” does not add all contacts in an email, but rather only the “From” contact.

I’ve found that, if you move very quickly to the hover card, it stays open. At any rate, right clicking on the contact name gives you all the options you desire.

Hello Nash,
you need to click on one of the recipients to save the To: contacts.

Regards,
Olivia

That’s true. But that is obviously a bug. I don’t want to play hit the mole with my email client.

In that case, it should be a feature request. “add all contacts” should…erm…add ALL contacts.

My office machine is XP and I always had some problems with window sizes remaining the way I set them.  This was apparently due to net framework problems. The new beta 7 does not retain the column modifications which are applied to the mail and contact columns.  Column headings return to default even though the changes are applied to all columns.   I have not tried this on my windows 10 (1511) machine.  But this is FYI.  Yes some bugs.

I am having another issue with the emClient 7 Beta. In particular, it’s struggling with the three Gmail accounts I have. I keep getting a message about the All Mail folder disabled:

I’ve checked Gmail, and the IMAP All Mail folder settings have ‘Show in IMAP’ checked.

What now?

Thanks,

Tom

Below is where I checked and unchecked, toggled the all mail. It was reflected in em client.
You might try to forward two of you three accounts to your main account.  Then use rules to spill them into separate folders in em client.  See for now if one account acts properly.
Another thing would be to see if you cell phone shows the all mail label when the toggle is on and if it is unavailable with the shown box unchecked.  That will of course tell you if its em 7, a bug or a gmail problem.

Yes - I see this all the time as well. And have checked at Gmail end IMAP is set correctly.

It seems to be taking an age to release a new version of the beta.

Additionally on my windows 10 machine…  The Navigation area (with the labels) minimizes to the left and doesn’t stay open on the next boot up.  This is a problem I had early on with em 6.  Also Column heading changes that are suppose to apply to all the folders did not.  So I manually corrected several which reverted to default.
ALL-in all, a very nice program, a big improvement.  Needs a little work.

The nag is a bother.  I hid the all mail folder in em.  I have no use for “all mail” or archive, personally.  Tom might try to uninstall and reinstall.  Maybe clear out the appdata folders for emclient and any reference under software in the registry. Local user and Local machine.

Another thought… Try deleting two of the three accounts and work with one at a time and see if it happens to each.

I think this is an emclient issue. The Windows 10 email client handles and shows the All Mail folder just fine. My Android phone is fine too - though I am using the Gmail app, so it would be odd if it didnt!

The calendar colors for calendar items can be set for appointment, birthday, weather… etc. However the colors do not stay and within moments revert back to their original default color.  Those colors are different than are selected on the google calendar.

Hello Tom,
please check the Labels tab in your gmail settings (in webmail). There are probably 2 special Gmail folder trees (perhaps with names like [Gmail] and [Google mail] which can create duplicate Trash or Sent folders, etc.), but only one of them includes the All Mail folder and that is triggering this error.
Please remove or rename the extra folders and the issue should be resolved.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello,
please check the lower part of the Labels tab. There are probably 2 special Gmail folder trees (perhaps with names like [Gmail] and [Google mail] which can create duplicate Trash or Sent folders, etc.), but only one of them includes the All Mail folder and that is triggering this error.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello,
please check the Labels tab in your gmail settings (in webmail). There are probably 2 special Gmail folder trees (perhaps with names like [Gmail] and [Google mail] which can create duplicate Trash or Sent folders, etc.), but only one of them includes the All Mail folder and that is triggering this error.

Regards,
Olivia