EMC closes when email sent?

As you are aware update 1628 has switched everyone who uses the MS servers to “AirSync” due to the “Auth0” problem with Outlook,Hotmail etc. The upgrade has greyed out IMAP & SMTP with no choice to choose. This has been going on with MS since Jan 31st. 1628 is the workaround upgrade to enable those using MS servers to be able to “Send” & “Receive”

So sorry cannot try.

I am aware, but I put it out there as a question, perhaps more to encourage developers to take a look

Okay I understand and hopefully that will create some opportunities to solve this.

The same thing happens when I add an event to the calendar. I add the item hit “Save & Close” and the program closes. However it says “Save & Close”. I asked if there could be another option like “Add” so that the user does not have to re-open the calendar to continue adding events. When done then select “Save & Close”
But this situation does not offer an option and it shouldn’t. It should react like your description indicates. Once sent the Inbox screen should appear with the message that the email has been sent. The program should not shut down?

Let’s hope the developers can provide some input here. Can’t thank you enough for hanging in there and at least offer some suggestions. Hopefully this can be corrected.

Hi,

Guess I am the only one having this issue as the discussions have stopped. I would just like to know why;

• The program closes after sending when there are no settings indicated to do so?
  • I have uninstalled and downloaded new installations of EMC and the problem still exists?
  • Wouldn’t the new installation correct this situation and if not why not?

Just curious as this does create a lot of unecessary key strokes when sending multiple emails.

Thanking you in advance for any ideas on how to correct this and maybe there are none?

I suggest you try with a new database. You can always go back to your old one later.

1. With eM Client closed, open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there.
  2. Rename the eM Client folder to something like eM Client old.
  3. Restart eM Client. It will start with an empty database.
  4. Add just one email account, and try reproduce the issue.
  5. To go back to the old database with eM Client closed, open Windows Explorer and go back to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming. Delete the current eM Client folder and then rename the old one back to eM Client.

Hi Gary!

Nice to hear from you.
I followed your instructions and I got the same issue. Did not make any difference so I would assume that it is not something that is related to the database?