EMC closes when email sent?

When I send an email EMC closes to the taskbar? Also has the same result when I add an event to the calendar?
I have checked the settings but cannot locate any setting that could be set to do this. I do not think I should not have to open EMC after every email sent. I may have several events to add to calendar or more emails to send but having to open EMC after each event is time consuming?

Is there a setting that I have set to do this or is this the standard reaction when sending and adding events to Calendar?
Any ideas?

Thanking you in advance for any direction on this.

Perhaps you can try unchecking these settings…

Hi “Sunriseal”

Thanks as always for the quick response. I had the “Minimise to tray” unchecked and the “Close to application tray” checked. I unchecked the “Close application to tray”. Then I closed down EMClient and re-opened. Tried a test email and when I sent the email EMC still closed?
If you or anyone else have any further suggestions I will give them a shot because this is an inconvenience.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

I assume you are running the latest version, 9.2.1713.0 ?

Hi…Yes I am running 9.2.1713.0.

Have you considered:

(1) Backup eMC using MENU > BACKUP, as a precaution
(2) Uninstall eM Client, making sure to NOT delete your database directory when asked. This will ensure your settings and data remain in place.
(3) Download and install the latest version from here

(5) The latest version of eM Client should then start with all your data in place.

Okay,
Closed EMC
Uninstalled EMC - saved the database directory
Re-installed EMC from site indicated
Opened EMC and sent test email.
Soon as I hit “Send” EMC shuts down?
No change?

Just curious when you create an email and hit “SEND” what screen shows?

In my test…

Sitting at Inbox
Clicked NEW
Created email
Clicked SEND
Inbox displayed with this at bottom of the Inbox list of mail

Wow! That would be great! Now I have to re-open EMC and go to the “SENT” folder to see if the email went?
The fact that when I send an email and the program shuts down instead of going to the “INBOX” and giving that message on the bottom is a real mystery? How could that be with two fresh installs of EMC over the last three days? It is almost like there is some missing coding as there are no settings that can be chosen to make that happen. Besides who would want that to happen? I prefer the detail you are seeing.

Have no idea how to fix that? Is there anyone this can be referred to to determine where to go from here?

Really appreciate your help on this Al.

I am pretty sure a few others will join this discussion that have more ideas than I.

The only thing left to try, as far as I am concerned, is to start with a new database. However, I would recommend that you not go that route YET and give some others an opportunity to join the discussion (it is the weekend after all :wink:)

Starting with a new database would be a challenge as I have a lot of emails retained in my FOLDER structure which cannot be lost. I remember Gary telling me when I mentioned this before that “I will not damage the integrity of the Folder structrure as long as I do not remove the database.”
I am not sure the database would be the problem here as there are no settings to set up what is happening. However I am not an expert here and maybe there is.

I agree hopefully someone will have some ideas on how to correct this without having to get completly naked trying to get back to ground zero! :wink:

Thanks again Al for taking the time to try and get this sorted out. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

domingo 26 marzo 2023 :: 0946hrs (UTC +0100)

You can try this, no guarantee it will work, however, it will not damage anything.

You need to Close/Exit eMC and from a elevated Command Prompt (Administrator)
You can NOT use Powershell, MUST be CMD.

Then Cut & Paste into the CMD: (EXACTLY)

“C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dbrepair

When complete, re-start eMC.

¡Buena suerte

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

EMC closes when email sent ?

Could be something to do with the following option. Just a thought

Do you possible have the following option enabled ? Or what option is in there ?

Normally that should be on “Allways Ask”.

Hey “cyberzork”
It is set for “Always ask”

Hey “skybat”,

Followed your instructions to the letter. No change still shuts down.

Thank you for coming back with input to this strange action. With a fresh download and no settings set to create this action I am not sure why this is going on? Also with no settings involved that would eliminate the database I would think so not sure if starting with clean database is the answer. Besides I cannot lose my Folder structure.

Thanks again!

What version of Windows are you running?

I am running Windows 10

@Ricky2

Can you try this:

(1) Go to MENU > OPERATIONS > LOG and CLEAR LOG
(2) Send an email
(3) Go back to MENU > OPERATIONS > LOG and see if there are any entries that might reflect closing of eMC

Results;
AirSync Sending email: Test
IMAP Synchronizing folder: Inbox
IMAP Downloading messages: For folder /Inbox
IMAP Synchronzing folder /Sent
IMAP Downloading messages For folder/Sent

@Ricky2 and others.

Could AirSync be the cause?
Just asking since I do not use it.

Any way to deselect it and test an email send again?