Emails very slow to load when replying

What anti virus software are you using? When I brought this up with support, that was one of their possible theories. I am using Sophos and still have the issue in v.8.

Seems to only happen on the first email of the day.

I checked all my 4 accounts and did not notice a specially annoying time lag when opening a response or forward email.
I notice though that EMC is generally slower in opening emails than Thunderbird and much slower as Windows Live Mail (which of course has other problems…).
A suggestion concerning the reply/forward time lag would be to not load the original message from the IMAP server again but use the already loaded information.

Same problem. I have only 2 accounts (Google IMAP) and it takes really long time to be able to write reply.

Same problem, quite often I click Reply and the body of the reply message can be empty for 1-2mins!
It happens with a variety of messages. NOT using IMAP. All messages are local.

1 Like

I personally are running eM Client V8.2.1237 for Windows and have a Gmail, Live Mail and a local ISP IMAP accounts, and when replying or forwarding to emails (after the initial new email received has synced / cached to eM Client) only takes aprox 2 secs for IMAP emails to appear in the body of the email. I also only have a slow 25mbps internet connection.

So if you are getting big lag when replying or forwarding to IMAP / Exchange emails (after the new emails have initial synced / cached) and have a descent speed internet connection, then there is something on your computer delaying the body of the email updating when replying or forwarding. Antivirus scanning / Email monitoring programs are common for that type of thing.

Also try the latest version of eM Client to see if it makes any difference to the lag issue from the version history page. https://www.emclient.com/release-history Ps Make a backup first via “Menu / Backup”.

1 Like

This could be caused by waiting for dynamic content in the message body to load. So something like an image or section of text that is reloaded from a server every time the message is viewed.

I am reading about the reply/forward delay and I can’t believe that.
It takes less then to 0.3 s on my 5 years old computer. Hard to measure with stopwatch. I can start write reply imediately. To wait 3 secs before I can write a reply should be unacceptable for me.
There must be something realy wrong with the computers that lags that way. This sort of issue is hard to solve over chat. The one suffer 3 secs lag, the other 2 minutes. These computers need a maintenance.

Does not appear to be the case here. Same dynamic content loads quickly when viewing message. And in the reply only, it can be stuck for minutes, not seconds.

If I double-click any message to open it, content loads within 1sec. Consistently

Haven’t you got active a signature in reply?

What i can see is that a lot of people are having this problem from sometime ago. I’m also one of them. I do like eMClient for my work and i’m using it for some years, but this issue is becoming very annoying and making my work less productive.
I have tried all suggesting place here and nothing work. Honestly if this is not solved by the dev staff, i will change to a new solution. Is not acceptable that when we create a new email, reply or forward, the eMClient turns slow, laggy taking something like 20 or 30 seconds to return to normal.

1 Like

This is what I notice as well. There seems to be a problem populating the prior message. What I do to move it along which really shouldn’t work is I click in the blank space of the new message in the area where the new body would be and it seems to help it along. But there’s definitely a problem here.

I dont know if this has been solved but I have this problem as well.
Bot when I hit Reply but I also find that after composing an email and hitting Send it also can take about a minute before emClient “unfreezes”. These are not long emails with attachments.

I do use Signatures in my emails, but not with a graphic just words…

I have the same problem, Was there ever a fix for this issue?

This still needs to be resolved post haste. I don’t have 30 seconds to sit and wait to create a reply.

eM Client…please don’t keep doing us like this. These are basic email rights and dial-up modems are faster.

1 Like

eM Client’s backend is totally messed up with managing a local database files. This is probably also related to very long startups times. I have 2 computers running eM - one uses only IMAP cloud folders and another one stores the whole local mail archive (less than 1GB). First instance works great. On the second computer eM client needs almost a minute to load. I had no similar issues with Thunerbird od TheBat! even with 10x larger database files.
Unfortunately I discovered that after buying a license.

I also love how not only are these basic features (that all other email apps have) lacking, but the requests for them have remained unanswered for years.

@rubin104

eM Client…please don’t keep doing us like this. These are basic email rights and dial-up modems are faster

Any speed issues are nothing to do with eM Client and is either related to your internet connection or some local program installed on your computer interfering with eM Client causing it to be slow when reading, replying or forwarding or as @Gary says can also happen when eg: Dynamic content is loading in the body of the email.

I also love how not only are these basic features (that all other email apps have) lacking, but the requests for them have remained unanswered for years.

What basic features are you referring to that all other mail clients have ?

Do you work for eM Client?

@rubin104

Do you work for eM Client?

No just a user on this forum. I have done around 25+ years though as a Level 3 internet technician at many major internet companies and know these type of issues can happen with any mail client.