Emails unreadable encoding error

I have been getting mails that cannot be read…I am sure it is a setting somewhere but don’t know where or what to change it to.

Any ideas?

Here is the latest one which I received today:

[cid:[email protected]]
000_PR3P193MB0989E94B3C050ABD4C904536B0EB9PR3P193MB0989EURP
Content-Type: text/html; charset=“Windows-1252”
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you go online to your webmail do you see the same error ?

Also is this error only from 1 sender or all your senders ?

Lastly what version of eM Client do you have ?, & are you using Windows or Mac.

It is when it is an attachment - I think this is meant to be Xmas greetings. My normal emails are OK.
Some attachments are OK too…
I use Windows.
How do I find out which version of EM Client it is? It says 9.2.1222,0 Is that it?

Further to that, it appears that it happens when attachments are sent from Notepad…

Yes thats the latest version 9.2.1222 .

It is when it is an attachment - I think this is meant to be Xmas greetings. My normal emails are OK.
Some attachments are OK too…

So this unreadable encoding error you get, is the same when you view it in your webmail online in a browser ? Or is it only in eM Client that you see this specific error ?

Only in EM Client.
It is fine on-line.

Only in EM Client… It is fine on-line.

So as it’s fine online in webmail, then could be an eg: unsupported mail attachment / email or unsupported font in the senders email.

Can you paste an example screenshot of what you see in webmail compared to eM Client.

Note: Blank out anything personal in the email.

The first part is who they sent it to, which I have blanked out (they did not BCC) and this is the remainder via on-line: OH??? has reverted to font-face when I pasted it here. It is a picture of Xmas and greetings when I look on-line, not words. I can forward the pic to an email address but not paste it here??
============ Forwarded message ============
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 12:14:08 +0000
Subject: Merry Christmas
============ Forwarded message ============

@font-face { font-family: “Cambria Math”;} @font-face { font-family: Calibri;} @font-face { font-family: “Comic Sans MS”;}

![Uma imagem com texto

Descrição gerada automaticamente
|5.5208inx3.927in](file://C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\Temp\eM Client temporary files\op3qmpim.png)

What font do you have setup for reading emails in eM Client / Settings ? Might be something to do with your specific default font.