emails stuck in outbox

emails wont leave outbox. checked with support and tried changing ports and whatever else I can find, still not working. using gmail.

same problem here. 4 emails ‘lost’ in outbox … tells me they are they waiting but outbox is empty when I look ??? Not showing as sent and not received by recipient

Hello Dovid,
have you checked the Outbox in your local folders?
Is there any error message in Tools>Operations>Error or Log tab?
What version of eM Client are you using? Can you copy the full number from Help>About section, please?

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia, thanks for reply.
version 7.0.27744.0
As stated in post, the ‘outbox’ showed empty. The ‘agenda’ section on right of screen showed emails as ‘in outbox’ with yellow dot. The sync box at bottom right kept showing around 50% green line on ‘sending’ attempt on every sync cycle. The emails referred to in original problem eventually did send about 2 hours afterwards, but I later tried again and the next 3 with attachment all failed to send in same way. Around 8 hours later I eventually deleted these from agenda list as every time I tried to close eMclient I received message box stating that 1 or more emails are waiting to send … I tried selecting ‘yes’ and ‘no’ but mails failed to send. I tried same emails and attachments directly from outlook and they sent immediately. In general, I find eMclient is very, very slow when it comes to dealing with attachments … whether sending or receiving. Some incoming emails(have option to log onto a website from email) take 20 seconds to show as read … this cannot be right ! Even my mobile phone app shows ‘read’ as soon as I open the same emails … using same router.
Yesterday I tried computer restarts and uninstalling/installing eMclient a number of times … same result.

forgot to mention that no errors showed in error tab when viewed

Hello Dave,
what mail account does this happen on? Is it a Microsoft account?
What mail service does this account use? IMAP/POP/Exchange?
If you search for Large messages in eM Client, are the messages still found, perhaps? Try this in offline mode (Menu>File>Work offline).

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
imap-mail.outlook.com
As I said, those problem messages are now deleted as they were unsent / not received after 8 hours. Yesterday I sent a larger email with 5 attachments (4mb) and it sent immediately … I’m not an expert but that tells me that my computer or my eMclient settings are not the cause of the problem.

Hello Dave,
I see, so you do not experience the problem at this time?
Could have been a temporary server issue. If this happens again, I suggest checking the Log window right away, as it would include the details of this connection issue.

Regards,
Olivia

Dave.

The problem you have described is exactly what I have too. I have version 7.0.27777.0.

I connect directly with pop3 servers.

The settings are all good & emails without attachments are fine.

The emails seem to go out but are not moving to the “Sent Items”, but instead stay in the “Outbox”.

This is a big shame, as I like everything else & was just evaluating whether to keep using this email software.

This is without a doubt a glitch within the software .

If it can be fixed great, but it’s a deal breaker otherwise…

Error Log:

10:49:37 PM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”

Hello,
can you please try this version and see if the issue persists: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v7.0.27804/setup.msi
Also, please could you copy more than one line of the exception from the log? You can mark more lines using the Shift+Down arrow combination. Thank you.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you for your reply.
I installed the version you sent.
The same happened, then I deleted the attachments & the email moved to the sent items.
The message does get sent with or without the attachements, it just doesn’t move to the sent items when the attachments are there.
I’ve experimented with different numbers of attachments & sometimes it was OK…

Here’s the log after the update with the failed message with the attachments (even though they did send, just stayed in the Outbox):

12:09:47 AM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
12:09:47 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Connecting: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:09:47 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Connecting: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:09:47 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Connecting: To Stingray City Trips
12:09:47 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Connected: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:09:47 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Connected: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:09:47 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Sending messages
12:09:48 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Downloading messages: From Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:09:48 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Disconnected: From Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:09:48 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Disconnected: Done
12:09:48 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Connected: To Stingray City Trips
12:09:53 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Downloading messages: From Stingray City Trips
12:10:04 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Disconnected: From Stingray City Trips
12:10:04 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Disconnected: Done
12:10:22 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Connecting: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:10:22 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Connecting: To Stingray City Trips
12:10:26 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Connected: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:10:27 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Downloading messages: From Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:10:27 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Disconnected: From Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:10:27 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Disconnected: Done
12:10:30 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Connected: To Stingray City Trips
12:10:34 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Downloading messages: From Stingray City Trips
12:10:35 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Disconnected: From Stingray City Trips
12:10:35 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Disconnected: Done
12:10:48 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
12:10:48 AM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
12:10:48 AM at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:10:48 AM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
12:10:48 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Connecting: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:10:52 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Connected: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:10:52 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Sending messages
12:11:31 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Connecting: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:11:31 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Connecting: To Stingray City Trips
12:11:35 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Connected: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:11:35 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
12:11:35 AM “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
12:11:35 AM at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:11:35 AM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
12:11:35 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Connecting: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:11:36 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Downloading messages: From Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:11:36 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Disconnected: From Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:11:36 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [POP3] Disconnected: Done
12:11:38 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Connected: To Stingray City Trips
12:11:47 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Connected: To Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:11:47 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Sending messages
12:11:50 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Downloading messages: From Stingray City Trips
12:11:56 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Disconnected: From Jim’s Antennas Noosa
12:11:56 AM Jim’s Antennas Noosa [SMTP] Disconnected: Done
12:12:16 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Disconnected: From Stingray City Trips
12:12:16 AM Stingray City Trips [POP3] Disconnected: Done

Thank you Olivia for any assistance you may offer.
I love this email client and would very much like to continue with it.

It feels as if when there are more attachments, this (of course) takes longer to send, The software feels as though it has timed out and throws up the error message. It actually does send the email but the error message is keeping it stuck in the Outbox as it “thinks” it hasn’t sent it.

Everything works perfectly without attachments (or small attachments) but fails with a about three photos (approx 300kB each).

Are there are any plans for your developers to have a look at this please?

Thank you.

Thank you Olivia for any assistance you may offer.
I love this email client and would very much like to continue with it.

It feels as if when there are more attachments, this (of course) takes longer to send, The software feels as though it has timed out and throws up the error message. It actually does send the email but the error message is keeping it stuck in the Outbox as it “thinks” it hasn’t sent it.

Everything works perfectly without attachments (or small attachments) but fails with a about three photos (approx 300kB each).

Are there are any plans for your developers to have a look at this please?

Thank you.

Hello,
unfortunately there seems to be an issue with Microsoft accounts. The SMTP server does not appear to accept it due to some limit.
The workaround we found that works is setting up your account with EWS protocol (Exchange instead).
We’re very sorry that there isn’t a better solution at this time, but this is server issue we cannot solve at this time.

Regards,
Olivia

The trouble is when I’m connected to my ISP on my ADSL fixed line (Telstra Bigpond in Australia) using their mail.bigpond.com mail server. The issue does not happen when I use my mobile phone as a hotspot & connect to a different ISP (Optus Mobile Australia).

Strange but true…

I’ve just installed the Thunderbird email software & do not have these issues. I would have loved to have kept em client, but sadly I must say goodbye.

Goodbye!

I’m on cox.net and have had the same problem with Bcc (with or without attachments). The emails arte being sent but the original message is not being moved to the “Sent” folder. I manually move the Outbox item into the Sent folder. In the past, I’ve had the same problem using Outlook. I suspect the cause lies in the ISP server, not in the application.

@Olivia Rust

This is an issue with sendinc.com SMTP implementation as well. Maybe we should take a closer look at what the SMTPD response is.

I have the same stuck-in-outbox-issue on an @outlook.com account. Messages without attachments took more than 3 hours to send today. They seemed to ‘heap up’ in the outbox, and finally left the outbox all at the same time, though they were ‘sent’ at various times over those 3 hours. This is leaning towards snail-mail…