Emails not reaching EM

Looks like I’m getting nowhere with this - EM have not responded to a questionnaire about reasons for closing the account - what guarantee would I have that the problem wouldn’t exist if I paid for EM Client instead of using the free version.
Les

There is no direct support from the company for a Free License. Your only option is from other users on this forum. A Pro License, however, does come with VIP Support, which I have found to be both useful and prompt.

From your previous comments, you were having difficulty connecting to a GMail account. Did you try checking the settings that I gave you?

Are you now saying that your account was closed? Which account is that?

I did try all of the settings you gave me - tried disabling account and re-installing, tried uninstalling Em Client (which is when I got the questionnaire to complete) and re-installing - all to no avail. I have two email accounts - a Gmail account and a hotmail account - both work fine with Mailbird and Email shield enabled. This morning AVG forced an update and since then everything seems to work - fingers crossed - thanks again for taking the time and trouble to help.
Les