Emails not appearing in sent folder

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

1 Like

Is sth. happening here?
I’ve the same problem and cannot fix it.
I’m using a Dovecot/SoGo IMAP server. eM Client somehow is not able to save sent mails in the configured Sent folder.
Every other client does this without any problems and I can see the mails sent by these clients with eM Client in “Sent Items”.

As far as I know eM Client has an issue with Dovecot servers. Something to do with naming conventions.

If you have a Pro License, please open a support ticket with eM Client.

I have the same issue and it’s stopping me from purchasing a Pro Licence with Lifetime Updates.

Currently using Free Licence with IMAP - previously used the now very outdated Zimbra Desktop which kept a copy of all emails on the server locally including User defined folders.

I find eM Client to be an excellent email client and want to use it.

Is there a resolution to this issue yet?

IMHO - I don’t understand why people are still using POP3, a protocol that dates back at least 20 years and doesn’t offer the advantage of IMAP such as synchronising multiple devices, being able to work offline, local & server storage, no single point of failure if anything happens to their one and only email device.

Is it because their email provider doesn’t offer this??

Russel made a comment last week concerning supporting Zimbra servers.

POP3 can sync with multiple devices in a fashion, at least with the Inbox. It is most useful with a shared Inbox among a number of users providing all new messages in unread state to all users. But it really depends on the level of syncing that you want, and how you want to use the data. POP3 usually doesn’t sync sent data with the server for example. IMAP is best for a single user on multiple devices, but for single device use POP3 will continue to be the most secure reliable option.

You said that with POP3 you can’t work offline when in fact that is essentially all POP3 does.

IMAP does not offer local storage. The server is the storage medium and the client only offers cached data. When it is removed from the server the cache is deleted from the client. With POP3 the client is the storage medium but the server can also be for the Inbox. Removing data from the server does not affect the client.

So because of this, IMAP is a single point of failure. If the server is lost, so is the data. Don’t be fooled thinking your data is safe because you use IMAP. Try this: close your email client and delete your server data. Restart your client and watch all your data disappear!! This does not happen with POP3. But wherever the point of failure is, regular backups will ensure your data is safe. eM Client has a very useful Automatic Backup feature that you can just set and forget. And because you can configure it to keep x number of backups, you won’t discover after a month that your disk is full of backups.

Just be very careful restoring an IMAP account. As soon as the data is restored in your email client, it will be deleted because the server is the storage medium and ALWAYS has priority.

But I do get you point that losing your device means you won’t lose your data if you are using IMAP. Generally tough, if you are using POP3 it is not on a mobile device, so it will be a lot more difficult to lose it. :wink:

I had this checked before, but redid it and clicked apply.  I then sent a test to myself and it worked.  Thanks so much.

I am experiencing this problem also but not on all email, some appear and some don’t, how can that be?