Emails in folders disappeared

So I’ve opened EM Client this morning and noticed a lot of my messages in my folders have disappeared, also some folders seem to have a number after them, 1,2,3 which is strange. Does anyone have any idea what’s happed and how to get my emails back?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Steve_G
Question: have you received any help on this or have you found out what happended? I have a problem thats nearly the same.

For someone who can might help:
I use some mail accounts (via IMAP and POP3) but basically I move all my mails to my local folders if I don’t need them on the server anymore. Normally I don’t delete much messages. First I thought I’ve done something wrong like deleted it on my own, but now I’ve noticed that some other mails are also missing, where I’m 100% sure that the where there. I’ve also checked an old backup where some mails are back again.

So: there are mails missing in my local folders. Not in the POP3/IMAP folders themself (inbox). Not for a special timeframe, not for a special folder.
→ does someone know this problem?

I’m using 8.2.1659 (845a639) - pro license.

Thanks!

So I’ve opened EM Client this morning and noticed a lot of my messages in my folders have disappeared,

If the emails have disappeared from POP accounts, then suggest (if you have been doing regular eM Client backups), restore your recent backup via “Menu / File / Restore”.

If you have an IMAP account then you would have to contact your mailbox provider (who may) be able to restore your mailbox if they offer that service.

If you have a Gmail IMAP account and cannot find email in labels / folders, then click on “All Mail” under Gmail and all emails (where unless they have been deleted) will all be showing in there. You can then drag, move or copy them back to the original label / folder.

If you don’t do regular backups in eM Client, then you can either setup automatic periodic backups via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” or manually anytime via “Menu / Backup”. Always a good idea to copy the backup.zip files to another drive like a eg: local and/or cloud drive as well just in case.